Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more shops

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Talking more shops

another four shops may get built in wick, 1 is suppose to be a garden center, wonder what the other 3 will be ????????
    hope 1 is in compition with homebase as the prices never seem to stop going up, 1 tube of silicon £7.50, Rob at the mill sells it £2, 1 tub ready mix filler 5kg at home base £25.00 the mill £18.00 for 20kg
    a decent DIY center would be nice

Default new shops

Hope we get a burger king or macd's but knowing our luck will probably be another chainstore. Hope a local shop moves up there though.

burger king would be great !!

heard that they do plan along with matalan jjb and dobbies garden centre maybe,

but like i said only heard this.

What local shop would be able to go up there?

unfortunately there is not many and they are not very appealing compaired to the giants.

would also mean that they would have to stay open at linch times and on sundays, maybe even late nights.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post

would also mean that they would have to stay open at linch times and on sundays, maybe even late nights.
    Be more likely the rent etc for a unit that would put them off.

A Sports Shop would be great. Also a Shoe Shop something we really need here.

a brothel might go down well ( is that a shop ) ok bad joke,
    but, but ermmmm ok i guna get kicked of the org.
    WoRdS ShOuLd Be SiMpLe An VoIcEs SoFt !!!

Talking

No chance o' banning you for that Dancingwitch, I had a good chuckle at that, in fact girl --- YOU JUST MADE MY DAY.

Default More shops in Wick

I heard they are JJB's ,Matallan's , Pizza hut,Garden centre,Next,M & S non foods and 2 others maybe a major shoe shop chain and baby's clothes shop.

Thats way more than 4 shops though?

Yay! I love shops! I think I'll boycott Burger King though!

That's what I miss since moving to Caithness.Shopping!Yay!

Please, no fast food. It's a depressing sight walking around Scotland's cities seeing overweight people munching down on processed meat.
    Say what?

Quote Originally Posted by huh View Post
    Please, no fast food. It's a depressing sight walking around Scotland's cities seeing overweight people munching down on processed meat.
    Yes please to fast food. Eating too much of it is a personal choice and to be honest can be eaten and made at home.Hope we get something as we have way too many chinese and you cant get chips after 8pm in Wick which is shameful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by weeksider View Post
    I heard they are JJB's ,Matallan's , Pizza hut,Garden centre,Next,M & S non foods and 2 others maybe a major shoe shop chain and baby's clothes shop.
    Sound brilliant - where did you get your info? Hope it's correct. I think we really need Matalan up here and Next is great - especially the half price sales!

Forget burger king, Mac Ds and Pizza Hut! We need a Subway!

Smile

Mmmmm... Subway...

<Drool>
    Currently reading:- The tea leaves

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    Yes please to fast food. Eating too much of it is a personal choice and to be honest can be eaten and made at home.Hope we get something as we have way too many chinese and you cant get chips after 8pm in Wick which is shameful!!!
    AFAIK the harbour chippy is open till 9pm, I noticed the sign when I was in the other week
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

The more shops the better, thats what I say.
    ............................AHOY HOY........................

Question Wishful thinking....

Quote Originally Posted by weeksider View Post
    If it was my choice and this is wishful thinking, I would like Primark, Next, M & S & B & Q.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Default Shops

B&Q would be great. I think we drew the short straw to get Homebase - the choice is so limited and expensive.

I will get shot down in flames but if I had a choice it would be...diechman shoes,brantano,la senza and next oh! if there's still space, a matalan would be good too x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast