Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Panto in Thurso

Default Christmas Panto in Thurso

Does anyone know the dates for the panto in Thurso Hgh School this year?

Quote Originally Posted by lynseyj View Post
    Does anyone know the dates for the panto in Thurso Hgh School this year?
    13 - 15 Dec - think showings at 1930 hours at night and then 2pm and 1930 hours on Saturday. You can get tickets from McBeaths in Thurso.

Default Christmas Panto

Thanks for that.

was gonna go a look, but cant believe how much a tickets costs, specially for a child
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

How much are they? I think they don't go on sale until Tuesday.

£7 & £5 according to their website

i thought prices were okay for panto [but then again we were at singing kettle and they charged £8 per person even the children!] - we going a look to. Tickets went on sale last week so you should be able to get them.

It said that they were on sale in paper but when we went to get them we were advised not until 20th!

Prices arn't bad, its not anymore expensive than going to the cinema.

It's a wee bit more expensive, but worth it for all the preparation and effort put into the panto!!

Quote Originally Posted by alanatkie View Post
    Prices arn't bad, its not anymore expensive than going to the cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    was gonna go a look, but cant believe how much a tickets costs, specially for a child
    At the outset let me say I have no connection with the Thurso Panto.
    Now I am amazed that anyone could consider the pricesses excessive. The price, for the entertainment provide and the effort put in by people at their own expense in cost, time and energy is great value. The cost to put ona Panto is huge and those who do so are not in it for ant profit.

its my opinion, i have been to pantos which have been cheaper, and wanted to go with the family but it seems abit overpriced for me

thats all
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

I have been taking our daughter every year since she was 2 and every year I come out wanting to go again and she has always loved it. I think the prices are extremely reasonable and it is well worth paying for the entertainment value.

Even someone on the social should be able to afford the prices, they aint that high, I will be off tomorrow to buy our tickets for the matinee if there are any still available.

It seems to be a case of folks wanting sumat for nowt.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

That seems to be the way all over these days changi. It is such a small amount to spend for a few hours when you truly completely forget the stress of life Fantastic therapy.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    Even someone on the social should be able to afford the prices, they aint that high, I will be off tomorrow to buy our tickets for the matinee if there are any still available.

It seems to be a case of folks wanting sumat for nowt.
    let us assume an "average" family - 2 adults 2 kids. Benefits would be around £170 per week. After food say £60, heat and light £30 clothes, insurance, tv licence, phone, transport etc it don't exactly leave a fortune for a family trip to the panto - £24.

I don't see anyone wanting summat for nowt, but rather someone pointing out that on a low income or benefits it is not very easily affordable.
    The box said, "Requires Windows XP or better"...

... so I installed Ubuntu!

If you want to do something bad enough you make a few cut backs eg only 1 parent go with the children. It is only once a year and nobody forces people to go to it. To me the panto is part of the magic of christmas. I have easily gone without a christmas present from hubby and he has done without one from me in the days where we couldn't really afford it, because we prefered to watch the enjoyment our daughter got from the panto and the enjoyment we got from it.

Are the £5 tickets the consecsions???? If so then if only 1 parent goes it would only be £15, not much for the delight on the kids faces.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    If you want to do something bad enough you make a few cut backs eg only 1 parent go with the children. It is only once a year and nobody forces people to go to it. To me the panto is part of the magic of christmas. I have easily gone without a christmas present from hubby and he has done without one from me in the days where we couldn't really afford it, because we prefered to watch the enjoyment our daughter got from the panto and the enjoyment we got from it.
    which is entirely your prerogative. I just don't feel it is entirely fair for folk to be posting critical comments of other peoples judgement regarding the affordability or otherwise of a rather peripheral activity.

Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts on the matter, and should not be judged publicly as wanting summat for nowt for their trouble.
    The box said, "Requires Windows XP or better"...

... so I installed Ubuntu!

Quote Originally Posted by NickInTheNorth View Post
    which is entirely your prerogative. I just don't feel it is entirely fair for folk to be posting critical comments of other peoples judgement regarding the affordability or otherwise of a rather peripheral activity.

Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts on the matter, and should not be judged publicly as wanting summat for nowt for their trouble.

Turn this round and should the Thurso players be publicly criticised for their (imho) fair pricing structure. As you say anyone is entitled to their thoughts, but if you put then publicly then they are open to judgement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast