Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken Promises

Default Broken Promises

First Minister Alex Salmond, has broken promises to cut school class sizes.
    and promises to students, first-time buyers, pensioners, parents and communities .
    He also told Holyrood that he would be funding "the equivalent" of 1000 additional officers. I do not think thats what he said in his election manifesto promises. I believe the words were "Recruit 1000 additional officers".
    Can anyone believe a word he or his minority governments says?
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I am sure class sizes were cut up here this year as there was a lot of hassle with kids going into primary 1 getting places in some schools. I just assumed it was another government thing

It depends what classes you are taking about...some can't get much smaller. When I did my degree there was only 2 of us doing it full time

Primary schools, but it was something that only started this year I think. I just remember a big hoohah at Mt Pleasant about kids that were expected to be able to get a place not knowing until late on as there is a new teacher pupil ratio now or something obscure like that.

Default Broken Promises

What do you expect?? Alex Salmond and the Sots Nats were probably saying anything they thought may get them elected. Nothing new there.
    Keep it country

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    First Minister Alex Salmond, has broken promises to cut school class sizes.
    and promises to students, first-time buyers, pensioners, parents and communities .
    He also told Holyrood that he would be funding "the equivalent" of 1000 additional officers. I do not think thats what he said in his election manifesto promises. I believe the words were "Recruit 1000 additional officers".
    Can anyone believe a word he or his minority governments says?
    No different from your much beloved Labour party then. You really are becoming a frightful bore. The time to decide when the promises have been broken or not will be at the end of the 4 year term of government, not in the first 6 months.
    Mind you, Mr. Salmond can break all his promises as long as Ms Alexanders shrill screeching keeps turning people away from Labour.

"Can anyone believe a word he or his minority governments says?" Well Golach its like this The minority SNP government probably thought they had a bit more money to play with than it has Every time it has tried to redirect its spending from projects that no one wants ie the Edinburgh Tram project look what happens.. 500 million spent at the opposition parties bidding It would take another 54 million to have another 500 police and then there was the additional spending to the farmers over the foot and mouth outbrake in Surrey that the Westminster government wouldnt pay for Now let us look at the broader picture Gordon Brown and Alister Darling (the guys who have the purse) are sure as heck not going to help an SNP government I mean if New Labour lost there Scottish seats at a general election the they would be unelectable Mind you its starting to look that way anyway by the opinion polls in England
    Oh and by the way Wendy Alexander said she found the budget hard to understand and that is supposed to be the the sharpest operator in the New Labour set up Good grief
    PM
    PS Ever hear of a guy called Paul Drayson???? Read this then
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Quote Originally Posted by DeHaviLand View Post
    No different from your much beloved Labour party then. You really are becoming a frightful bore. .
    Once again you assume you know my politics, well I can only say, once again you are wrong!!!!

Once again you assume you know my politics, well I can only say, once again you are wrong!!!!
    Please show an example of when I assumed to know your politics. What is patently clear is that you have a downer on SNP in general and Alex Salmond in particular. Right from the election in May you have been unwilling to give them a chance to show what they can do, always preferring to toe the labour party line. If you're not a labour supporter, you do a pretty fair impression of one. If you are, just come out and say so. There's no great shame in it, yet!

Please show an example of when I assumed to know your politics. What is patently clear is that you have a downer on SNP in general and Alex Salmond in particular. Right from the election in May you have been unwilling to give them a chance to show what they can do, always preferring to toe the labour party line. If you're not a labour supporter, you do a pretty fair impression of one. If you are, just come out and say so. There's no great shame in it, yet!
    I am certainly not labour, or snp, so why should I tell you what my politics are, I dont like the SNP or their leader, my privilage

I am certainly not labour, or snp, so why should I tell you what my politics are, I dont like the SNP or their leader, my privilage
    Shall we say Monster Raving Loony party then?

Jesus H, you spout off about unfulfilled promises but what did the labour government do that made people switch their allegiance to the snp?
    Give them a chance, they are no better and no worse than what has come before and they were elected by those that bothered to vote and those that didn't have no right to complain.

Shall we say Monster Raving Loony party then?
    If you wish, but I do not think they were on the ballot papers, unless that was the party of Alex Salmond

If you wish, but I do not think they were on the ballot papers, unless that was the party of Alex Salmond
    No, I think they go under the name of UKIP now

The Monster Raving Looning Part were the first party to have the compulsory wearing of seat belts as a party policy!!! Who's the idiots now?

As reguards class sizes, why the obsession with smaller sizes. I was in a class of 42 and as far as I'm aware we all left primary school able to read and write and do maths adequately. Its the quality of the teaching and the disciplined learning environment that counts. This needs to be reinforced by a supportive home situation that encourages learning.

You can tell when a politician is lying (especially during election time) watch the mouth....if it produces sound they're lying.
    Just when you think everythings fine, life slaps you in the face.

Just a wee question till all ye Kaitnessian SNP supporters.........What party does your elected MSP owe allegiance too?...........I think it happens to be the Liberal Democrat Party, not Wee Fat Eck and his Tartan Tories!!!!, I rest my case.

Must say that the SNP manifesto pledge on class sizes would have been a lot more achievable even under the current monetary restrictions if the Nulabour/LibDem alliance had managed to get anywhere near their own commitments by 2007 as they had promised.

But it is, of course, only the SNP which have broken promises, and the screaming starts after 145 days......while some people don't mention those broken by NuLabour/LibDems over two whole Parliamentary terms.

Just a wee question till all ye Kaitnessian SNP supporters.........What party does your elected MSP owe allegiance too?...........I think it happens to be the Liberal Democrat Party, not Wee Fat Eck and his Tartan Tories!!!!, I rest my case.
    But our elected MSPs are under an obligation to represent ALL their constituents...........regardless of their politics.....and if they vote down good policies simply because of party political bias....then they'd better watch for their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    But our elected MSPs are under an obligation to represent ALL their constituents...........regardless of their politics.....and if they vote down good policies simply because of party political bias....then they'd better watch for their jobs.
    Like Wee Fat Eck, Mr Stone has a job for the next 4 years, maybe not earning as much as 2 wages Eck, but he is the one you have to live with.

Like Wee Fat Eck, Mr Stone has a job for the next 4 years, maybe not earning as much as 2 wages Eck, but he is the one you have to live with.
    So we should have all voted snp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast