Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heaven and Hell

Question Heaven and Hell

Whats your idea of your own personal Heaven and/or Hell? ( you can still be alive at the time)

My idea of Heaven would be calorie free chocolate, my kids always behaving and being loved and in love. Getting the job that I want, being able to afford the house that I want. No smoking in the world.

Being able to make sure everyone in the world is happy, healthy and free from conflict of all kinds.

Hell
    The world continuing on its current maddening path.

Anything bad happening to my family. Never being able to buy the house that I want. Not getting the job that I want. people continuing to smoke however few.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Heaven to me is waking up in the morning to the sound of bird song, the slough of the breeze through the garden, the first cup of tea of the day, backed up by a natter with either of the children and maybe grandson having a chuckle down the 'phone to Ganny.
    It's being surrounded by folk that you love, laughter and a sense of wellbeing.
    Hell to me is the inhumanity of man to man, the cowards that hide behind the bullet and the bomb and are afraid to embrace their fellow beings. The ever increasing destruction of all that should be valued on this planet.
    Despite all this I remain one of life's optimists.

Default Heaven and Hell

Good Post

My idea of Heaven being loved and giving love family friends etc and the world being a happier and peaceful place sounds schmuck but true !!!!!!

Hell !! Mmm toughie where does one start there is so much and many awful things that goes on in the world today and in our personal lives that affects everyone different Bereavement etc etc and each to there own idea of Hell
    Its nice to be nice

Our world is what we make of it and it's the only one we have so let's all do our best to improve it.

Moi x

I think I will come back to this one, it requires me to do some thinking!!!

PS, I could be a while!
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Default Heaven and hell

Great subject

My personal Heaven would be waking up in the morning taking my beautiful wife and kids in my ferrari to Wick airport where we would board my private jet on a flight to Orlando,Florida. we would spend some time there with Mickey and Donald before returning home to Inverness airport to have a meal in Burger King then drive back home in my Ferrari. I dont ask for much really!

My personal hell actually happens on occasions(though i wish it didnt!) is when The mighty Bears of Govan suffer a defeat to the Evil lords of parkhead
    Seeing as I suffer my personal hell can i get my heaven now??????? PLEASE jim can you fix it for me.

Heaven...a shop with lots of lovely shoes in it and me having lots of money to spend in it.
    Hell.....shop with lots of lovely shoes in it and me being broke ...I live in hell nearly everyday x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Default mmmmmmm

heaven; the feeling i get on my way home and the time i spend at home.

hell; the feeling i have when leaving home, the travel to aberdeen on the worst road possible, the helicopter filght,the missing of my wife and kids and my wee lexidog, the feeling of solitude from the outside world, and above all just when you think your going home after 2 weeks the boss coming in and asking you to do an extra week, which means less time at home,

the offshore industry does have its up sides as well but i cant think off any at the moment,

heaven - knowing my family are happy healthy and loved.

hell - being locked in a room with clowns crocodiles and dentisits!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post

My personal hell actually happens on occasions(though i wish it didnt!) is when The mighty Bears of Govan suffer a defeat to the Evil lords of parkhead
    i agree with that one too!!!!!!

Smile

Oh, tough one!!

I'm going to have to say:-

Heaven: all those who are deserving are happy and healthy, people having no hang-ups about themselves, having enough money and time to satisfy the needs of all those I love, and having a job that makes me want to get up in the morning.

Hell:
    The world continuing on its current maddening path.
    I agree, mccaugm! Such violence, hatred and selfishness is unnecessary and affects everyone so negatively :-( Unfortunately, due to human nature, looks like there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Heaven...a shop with lots of lovely shoes in it and me having lots of money to spend in it.
    Hell.....shop with lots of lovely shoes in it and me being broke ...I live in hell nearly everyday x
    For many people in our world if to buy or not to buy shoes was the only problem they would be in Heaven. Afraid many people live a Hell on Earth as you will see on the news just about everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattach View Post
    For many people in our world if to buy or not to buy shoes was the only problem they would be in Heaven. Afraid many people live a Hell on Earth as you will see on the news just about everyday.
    Although this is probably meant to be a light-hearted thread, what you say is very true. Life IS Hell for many people on our planet. The sad thing is that we could probably do a lot more to change that fact, but it is Human Nature to pursue one's own idea of Heaven, rather than to concentrate on why others are living in Hell.

If I were to picture myself at the Pearly Gates, being shown what suffering took place on the planet Earth during my lifetime and being asked why I didn't go out of my way to try to prevent it happening, I don't think I could come up with a very convincing reason.

I may not live in Heaven, but I try to remind myself as often as possible, that many souls in this world would swap places with me, or many others, in a heartbeat.

Hell to me personally is the loss of someone you love very much, or watching them suffer.

I found that being very ill on a ventilator in the ICU and unable to speak or communicate at all, was a pretty awful experience too.

Lots of different wee things can feel like heaven to me now, but especially time spent with my family, or sitting outside on the small and peaceful Greek island I'm very fond of, watching the sailing boats coming into harbour as the sun begins to go down.

In comparison with what many people are enduring in other parts of the world, my heaven would be far, far outwith their wildest imaginings, and my idea of hell not as bad as what they face each day- but it can be hard to understand fully what their lives must be like.

karia Guest

My life at present is pretty heavenly!

I have a wonderful husband and a terrific family, a warm comfortable house, plenty of good nutritious food and drink and friends to enjoy those things with.

I was in Edinburgh last week and was upset by the number of people, often young women, sitting in cold doorways begging and being treated with contempt by the wealthy city types as they passed en route to their centrally heated offices clasping their over-priced lunches.

To be one of those sitting on a cold pavement in an unforgiving city is my idea of hell.

Sorry Cattach!I was trying to be lighthearted about this thread!I am not unaware of what is going on in the world,I live in it everyday too,If I caused offence then I am sorry but as I said I was just having a bit of fun x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Sorry Cattach!I was trying to be lighthearted about this thread!I am not unaware of what is going on in the world,I live in it everyday too,If I caused offence then I am sorry but as I said I was just having a bit of fun x
    It's true, Thumper, that such things as a new pair of shoes can feel pretty heavenly!

We can't think all the time of all the terrible things going on around the world -if we did, we couldn't get through our daily life.

I believe, that if at all possible, we have a duty to try to be cheerful.

Really little things can often cheer us all up such a lot -if I find a book I really want to read just sitting waiting for me on the library shelf, I have a moment of pure happiness!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    It's true, Thumper, that such things as a new pair of shoes can feel pretty heavenly!

We can't think all the time of all the terrible things going on around the world -if we did, we couldn't get through our daily life.

I believe, that if at all possible, we have a duty to try to be cheerful.

Really little things can often cheer us all up such a lot -if I find a book I really want to read just sitting waiting for me on the library shelf, I have a moment of pure happiness!
    Thank you Angela!You have made me feel much better!x

My idea of heaven would be a good night's uninterupted sleep! As for hell, personally I think we are in it now and the good bit is still to come

Hell is meeting folk with no sense of humour.
    The Big Man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast