Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daft days

Default Daft days

following on from the toothpaste fiasco, whats the daftest thing/s you've done?
    I remember one time peeling a large pan of spuds and then throwing them in the bin instad of the peelings! and............... I was sober

A good hug often helps

the daftest thing you have done or the daftest thing you will admit to??

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    Cut us SOME Slack dadie!

kariax

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    GO ON Dadie, spill the beans and tell us all, I dare you

A good hug often helps

karia Guest

Okay!..Not the daftest but well the best!

Came home in the early hours from a party and kicked off my shoes!

Went out into the garden and danced in the dew..then noticed a wee fox watching me so I sat down and pretended not to be interested and he crept up and sat down beside me...most beautiful!

You cannae buy that and I will remember it all of my life.

Kariaxx

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    Okay!..Not the daftest but well the best!

Came home in the early hours from a party and kicked off my shoes!

Went out into the garden and danced in the dew..then noticed a wee fox watching me so I sat down and pretended not to be interested and he crept up and sat down beside me...most beautiful!

You cannae buy that and I will remember it all of my life.

Kariaxx
    Does this mean that you're officially a "foxy" lady Karia? x

Alright then.

If anyone remembers the Ondigital TV set top boxes from about 7 or 8 years ago then you will get this one.

TV aerial was on top of the house (indoor aerial got no signal at all) so I set up all the cable for routing to the set top box and got my mate to plug all the cables to the TV etc in the living room while I would manipulate the aerial on the roof to pick up the signal. As he selected a channel I would point the aerial in the direction of the nearest transmitter and look for a signal. Having no luck on nearly all the channels after about three hours was really starting to annoy me, there was a bit of throwing tools off the roof and a lot of swearing. I decided it was time for a tea break. As I am finishing my tea and kit-kat I looked behind the TV .. and found my idiot mate had forgotten to plug in the cable from the aerial to the TV.

Plugged the cable in and back onto the roof where a perfect picture was obtained after about 5 minutes.

Best bit though is that my mate worked for BT and claimed when we started that it wouldnt take long as he did this sort of thing for a living.

Say good morning to the sheep and cattle when i see them. Also say Happy Birthday to all the lambs and calves that are born. Oh no I cannot believe i have just told you that
    Yippee puppies galore soon

Aaw wellies soooooooooo cute! Haven't done this just one day but quite often. Go onto auto-pilot when in car and drive the wrong way and also park in car parks - come back later and stand there thinking where is the car?

Red face

My wifie bought me a tide clock in the May of the year that we moved here. So I set it all up with the tide tables and it worked great.

Come last week in October of that year, as I went around the house putting the clocks back - I also put the tide clock back an hour!!

I never was very bright.
    Things that go bump in the night generally have been influenced by a Siamese

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by anneoctober View Post
    Does this mean that you're officially a "foxy" lady Karia? x
    Maybe so Anne,

I just held my breath and he and I looked at one another and settled down to look at the view, side by side...I think he had got used to me 'pottering' late at night and he was not at all disturbed by my being there.

Amazing and not something I would ever trade

A special moment!

Kariax

I cut a good sized piece off the tip of my right index finger with a Stanley knife while scoring a piece of drywall. I don't know about daft but I certainly felt foolish showing it to the doctor at the ER, and not a little sick.

I did this not once but twice in one day!

I boiled the carcass from a chicken to make soup, when it was nicely done, I put the colander in the sink and drained the liquid off and nicely kept the boiled bones, letting all the good juices go down the sink. So I boiled them up again, and then did the same thing again...
    I gave up and we had vege soup.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post

Aww sounds like something out of a fairytale, karia!

I tried to hang my coat up in a key case this morning. (the key case was about 6 inches x 8 inches)

Opened a can of sweetcorn once and put the contents in the bin.
    Through out chicken stock thay I'd boiled thinking the pot was just steeping.Turned up the next day for a job interview,still got the job,they must have been desperate
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

I sleepwalk dont rememer anything but generally get told what i did
    whispering cos its embarrassing!!

Got lost in Glasgow many years ago, all streets seemed to be one-way in the wrong direction, so I eventually gave in and reversed up a one way street, at least I was facing the right way.

Whenever I comment on my wifes driving she always reminds me.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Three times now I have sat and waited patiently in the doctor's waiting room only to eventually discover that I am either...

A. in the wrong building

or

B. my appointment was yesterday!

Pregnancy has completely mushed my brain!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

I tried to lock my car by repeatedly pressing the off button on my mobile phone. Oh, and just in case you want to try it, it doesnt work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast