Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idiots

Default Idiots

my sister lives in high ormlie and she got her living room window smashed yesterday, kids with golf balls, its just soo silly! it could have been alot worse her son could have been in the room and been hit
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    my sister lives in high ormlie and she got her living room window smashed yesterday, kids with golf balls, its just soo silly! it could have been alot worse her son could have been in the room and been hit
    Hi Ash,

Were they playing golf, albeit badly, or simply lobbing golf balls at windows?

Karia

glad they are okay though? but aye, there are a fair few o them (idiots) goin about.
    it's a sair fecht

outside her front door there is a wee grassy bit and they were playing there, but behind that there is a HUGE field so they could have played there, few other windows were smashed, if it was an accident they should have come to door and apologised

too much like common sense to go to the big field though. or even the golf course, na, too obvious.
    it's a sair fecht

karia Guest

I am amazed that golf has taken off in such a big way with youngsters, I always thought it was perceived as a bit of an old man's sport....waste of a good walk and the like!

karia

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    I am amazed that golf has taken off in such a big way with youngsters, I always thought it was perceived as a bit of an old man's sport....waste of a good walk and the like!

karia
    Totally agree with you karia!Golf must be the most boring sport there is.Think the kids do it just so they can whack the ball for miles.Mine are banned from playing with balls like that...or even worse, the clubs as they swing them round their heads like mad things x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Totally agree with you karia!Golf must be the most boring sport there is.Think the kids do it just so they can whack the ball for miles.Mine are banned from playing with balls like that...or even worse, the clubs as they swing them round their heads like mad things x
    I know thumper,

Keeping the wee mites in Pringle accessories and golf shoes doesn't come cheap either!

Fore!

I know thumper,

Keeping the wee mites in Pringle accessories and golf shoes doesn't come cheap either!

Fore!
    My goodness karia.....mine would not be seen in anything less than Pringle even just out playing x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    My goodness karia.....mine would not be seen in anything less than Pringle even just out playing x
    I blame Tiger Woods!

Kxx

I blame Tiger Woods!

Kxx
    nice one karia xx

karia
    hi karia, not at all lek, i used til work in e golf club for a cpl years an ye wid be surprised at how many bairns went, i certainally wis.
    mind ye, it wis all bairns whose faithers went so they probly heard their dads goin on aboot it an thot it wis cool!!

i loved workin ayre (lots o fit men, wi plenty o ££s)

alot o wemin went to. i even tried it once - ma handicap wis standin wi a club in ma hand tho

think il stick til e 19th...
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    hi karia, not at all lek, i used til work in e golf club for a cpl years an ye wid be surprised at how many bairns went, i certainally wis.
    mind ye, it wis all bairns whose faithers went so they probly heard their dads goin on aboot it an thot it wis cool!!

i loved workin ayre (lots o fit men, wi plenty o ££s)

alot o wemin went to. i even tried it once - ma handicap wis standin wi a club in ma hand tho

think il stick til e 19th...
    That's my handicap too trix!

AKxx

Kids, green space, ball games - yes, every now and again an accident happens....not a big deal surely?

I couldn't agree more orkneylass. Yes they could have used a larger area but hey kids dont think like adults...i believe they call it childhood.

On the streets or on the fields...i know which i'd prefer!

Orkneylass and ber219 - ball games are one thing but flying golf balls are no joke. Serious damage could be caused to someones head never mind the damage mentioned here to a window. Golf should be kept on the course or they could use the plastic practice balls which are much safer. You think this idiocy is preferable to playing on the streets - I am sorry but I think it is much the same.

Accidents are Accidents. If they were aiming at the windows well then that is stupid but Im sure they wouldn't have been.

Ash mentioned a wee grassy bit infront of her sister's door - "accident" waiting to happen perhaps.

Default Idiots

A Very unfortunate accident would of been better if they had come to the door and said sorry !!! Kids will be Kids with no amount of open space avaliable to them to play in or let of steam
    The People in High Ormlie are doing such a good job with the kids with activities etc all over the holidays

Cant see how it can be Tigers fault one of the best golfers in the world maybe just be pleased it wasnt Johnny Wilkinson with his kick !!! of course had it of been Colin Montgomerie well there is another story
    Its nice to be nice

i will inform those who think its an "accident" another window was broken, im sorry but if it was ur window im sure you woud be happy about it, would it be ok if my nephew or sister was in the room when it happened

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast