Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Menaces on the loose

Default Menaces on the loose

Just to warn people, there about three girls and sometimes two men in a car with them, that have been trying to get money off my daughter every time she goes to Thurso. These girls accused her of stealing one of their handbags and say they want e money back - £20. First time it was supposed to be her that stole e bag when she was in e Waterfront in Wick - she rarely goes there and at the supposed time she was in London all week. Next time they accused e friend that was with her, saying e friend took it and there was £30 in it and it was at skinandi's. Then they said it was another friend and it was £50. and it has been caught on CCTV and e police are dealing with it. By this time they were lucky my daughter didnt deck them, but she said, "call e police now, to which they said no, just give us e money and became abusive. My daughter told em where to go and today went to the police to see if indeed a crime had been reported and no such thing has. Its just a bunch of bully's trying to extort money with lies. So tell yer kids if anything similar happens to them, call e police straight away. Lowlife

A good hug often helps

I have no idea what you just said...

I don't think this is for here though tbh. If there's a problem like this, just go to the police. Why post about it on here? Want me to get the org police to beat them up? We're all grown up and this post goes stinks of playground "my dad is bigger than your dad" antics.

I have a pitchfork and a burning torch. Can I join in?
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

You're in for sure!

think its a little bit more than playground bullying! Bluelady was stating that these people are trying to get innocent people to hand over money by bullying them with false accusations. she is quite rightly making other people aware that if their approached in the same manner not to fall for their lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post

I don't think this is for here though tbh. If there's a problem like this, just go to the police. Why post about it on here? Want me to get the org police to beat them up? We're all grown up and this post goes stinks of playground "my dad is bigger than your dad" antics.

I disagree with your comment i think its obvious that bluelady was clearly just giving us all a warning to an obvious scam thats going around wick/thurso area could be handy for if it happens to anyone out in next few weekends in either wick/thurso who might come across this situation. thank you for the warning bluelady pity everyone didnt feel like that.
    I also noticed that everyone was grateful about the comment about the guys in the van selling lcd tv's.to me its the same thing.

Angry

I must admit, I did n't read bluelady's post, the way it seems to have been taken. I took it as a warning to anyone whose family members might fall prey to this bunch of bullies. The fact that they seem to "roam" in a band of 3 to 5 people is unnerving and not only to young folk - next time they might try their luck on the elderly.

Quote Originally Posted by anneoctober View Post
    I must admit, I did n't read bluelady's post, the way it seems to have been taken. I took it as a warning to anyone whose family members might fall prey to this bunch of bullies. The fact that they seem to "roam" in a band of 3 to 5 people is unnerving and not only to young folk - next time they might try their luck on the elderly.

thats the way i took it too but must admit i didnt think about the elderly, somehow if a gang of 3 to 5 individuals approached an elderly person they would certinly get what they want as the elderly person would be petrified

Ok, where did I say it was playground bullying?

I think the "they were lucky my daughter didnt deck them" bit, as I said "stinks of playground 'my dad is bigger than your dad' antics."

My first reaction was that this dipstick must be tied in with them crooks.

I think the "they were lucky my daughter didnt deck them" bit, as I said "stinks of playground 'my dad is bigger than your dad' antics."

i think that youve misread what bluelady said sounds like "they were lucky my daughter didnt deck them" bit was just a slight figure of speech (if thats the right word) if it was me i think id of felt the same way

Quote Originally Posted by horseman View Post
    My first reaction was that this dipstick must be tied in with them crooks.
    Damn you got me

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    i think that youve misread what bluelady said sounds like "they were lucky my daughter didnt deck them" bit was just a slight figure of speech (if thats the right word) if it was me i think id of felt the same way
    Fair enough, I've made the same mistake everyone else in this thread has. But then again... you could also be misreading it.

Still don't think the org is the place to be spouting out this sort of nonsense.

sorry jeid i misread i thought you were implying that the incident "stinks of playground"

No worries Brie, easily done. The 'my dad is bigger than your dad' bit would've got in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by anneoctober View Post
    Me either Anneoctober, I just thought it a warning to the locals to be ware of hoodlums harrassing young people for money. We've only heard of these incidents, what about the ones who caved into the menace. Jeid, what if it were your younger sister or brother (if you have any).
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    I have a pitchfork and a burning torch. Can I join in?
    Aw, such old-fashioned tools, Metalattackk. What you need is a homemade Tazer-like device. Wicked!!
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

No worries Brie, easily done. The 'my dad is bigger than your dad' bit would've got in the way.
    think it was more my toddler switching the screen on & off as i was trying to read!!

Jeid!
    i feel that you are totally out of order here! Bluelady is simply highlighting the way in which bullies are still targeting people out of the playground! I think that she is right to warn people about this as their kids could be next in line!!
    A balanced diet is a cake in each hand.

Damn you got me

Fair enough, I've made the same mistake everyone else in this thread has. But then again... you could also be misreading it.

Still don't think the org is the place to be spouting out this sort of nonsense.
    fair enough i may havr misread this as well but at the same time bluelady was just sharing some information about something that she felt would maybe benefit some people and as for the org not being the place for this sort of nonsense ive read alot of other total nonsense on here before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolabelle View Post
    Jeid, what if it were your younger sister or brother (if you have any).
    What if it was? I certainly wouldn't be posting about it on the org, that's for sure. What's posting on a forum doing about the problem at hand? Really? Let's get serious here. Has posting about this problem on the internet helped this woman's daughter in any way? Probably not. Aye, it's informative, but if I said, "people in Glasgow carry knives" is it gonna make you really be more cautious than you already are? Probably not. There's lots of hidden dangers in the world. The Police have a job to do, make them earn their money.

Quote Originally Posted by spiggie View Post
    Jeid!
    i feel that you are totally out of order here! Bluelady is simply highlighting the way in which bullies are still targeting people out of the playground! I think that she is right to warn people about this as their kids could be next in line!!
    I don't think her daughter is a child. The mention of being in Skins kind of makes me suspect this. Could be wrong though. You're entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    ive read alot of other total nonsense on here before.
    Aye, me too... loads...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast