Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Pat on strike again, allow extra time

Default Pat on strike again, allow extra time

The Royal Mail are stepping up their strike action, effectively a 5/6 day strike:-
    Industrial action: an update from Royal Mail - September 28th update

The Communications Workers Union (CWU) has announced further strike action, in the form of two 48 hour strikes, from lunchtime on Thursday 4th – lunchtime on Saturday 6th October, and from the early hours of Monday 8th – early hours Wednesday 10th October

This will be followed by an unspecified programme of weekly strikes, starting w/c October 15th, until the resolution of the dispute.

more details here:- http://www.royalmail.com
    Last edited by brokencross; 30-Sep-07 at 21:07.
    Take a hundred lines:- "The word is INFRACTION not INFARTION"

Default Late post...

Has anyone noticed that their post is arriving later and later...mine used to arrive about 11am now its mid-afternoon....whats going on? Is it the strike action or????
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

It seems to me that, everytime the Royal Mail goes on strike, they lose more business to their competitors (thereby undermining their own positions), whilst annoying/inconveniencing the general public at the same time.

Maybe Pat needs to think about getting a new job?

Oh, and I forgot to mention they will be stopping Sunday and Bank Holiday collections from ALL post boxes and businesses on 28 October.

I agree with luskentyre, by striking, the workers are only damaging an already ailing business, and business users are leaving in their droves.
    Take a hundred lines:- "The word is INFRACTION not INFARTION"