Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wagon Wheels?

Default Wagon Wheels?

They are smaller than they used to be. It's not just that I'm bigger now.

I presume we are talking biscuits?!?

Haven't had on in donkey's years, so couldn't comment! Might have to buy a packet to test your thesis out!
    Is ì ’n dàs ìs truìme ìs ìsle ’chromas a ceann. - The heaviest ear of corn bends its head the lowest.

Aye, they are smaller now.

They used to be the size of the wheels off a wagon, the same as Curly Wurlys were the size of a window-cleaner's ladder, and Creme Eggs were the size of...well...an egg.

So, whatever did happen to Spangles? And white dog poo? You never see it any more.

Jesus H. Corbett. This messageboard is really trawling the depths these days.
    Last edited by Metalattakk; 16-Sep-07 at 02:16.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Lucky Tatties!............

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Aye, they are smaller now.

So, whatever did happen to Spangles? And white dog poo? You never see it any more.
    What were white dog poo???? I don't remember that!

Just as it says - White Dog Poo - the stuff you get on your shoes

I'm told by my wife that Wagon Wheels are the same size as they originally were, it's just that I have developed a very big gob.

White dog poo? I'll see if I can find any, i'll post the piccies on here if I do (or should that be doo-doo?).

Talking donkeys

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew C View Post
    I presume we are talking biscuits?!?

Haven't had on in donkey's years, so couldn't comment! Might have to buy a packet to test your thesis out!
    Wagon wheels.....Donkeys.... is there a link here that we can`t see????

naw, wagon wheels are definately smaller, i remember when they first came out they were big then about four year,s later ,all at once a new version of them emerged at about two thirds the size they used to be. i believe that their even smaller now. they were three pence each when i first remember them. a threepenny bit.[ rememember that].??

Default price

Thrupenny bits. Yup, I remember them!

Eeeeh, them were t'days....

White dog poo - haven't managed to photograph any yet this morning. I've been following a few of the local dog walkers this morning for an hour or two - but nothing white yet.

Had to retreat after one of the dog walkers phoned the police - inconsiderate git.

White dog poo was caused by the large amount of crushed bone (calcium) in some of the brands of dog food. Basically in there as a filler - because dogs eat bones. It's not really put in modern feeds in the massive quantities that used to go in.

So I'm afraid it's gone the same way as Penny Farthings, cobbled streets, Zeppelins and Rickets.

Eeeeh, them were t'days.

Shhh, northener, don't give the game away so early! We've had no ill-educated conspiracy theories concerning the lack of white dog poo on our streets yet. Personally, I blame Maggie Thatcher.

Glad to see that most people are taking this in the humour in which it was intended. Gives me hope that there is indeed a worthwhile reason for this messageboard after all.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Talking

Yes, wagon wheels are definately smaller, a good bit smaller at that. Hey!! what did happen to spangles and tatties as well, used to love them both?

Shhh, northener, don't give the game away so early! We've had no ill-educated conspiracy theories concerning the lack of white dog poo on our streets yet. Personally, I blame Maggie Thatcher.

Glad to see that most people are taking this in the humour in which it was intended. Gives me hope that there is indeed a worthwhile reason for this messageboard after all.
    aye, glad some sees it the same way as myself.....

I loved Wagon Wheels, as a child they were hugh you knew you had eaten one. Sadly no more now I am diabetic cannot eat them sigh, and they are a lot smaller.

Wagon wheels don't even taste the same anymore You can still get lucky tatties but I think spangles are gone now....on a brighter note tho think of all the calories we have been spared by smaller versions of sweets,cakes and biccies!Still wish they would bring back golden cups I loved them x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

I'll tell you what is a conspiracy.

Funny how a lot of the old sweeties have 'disappeared' isn't it?

Not sticking with 'the good old sweeties' can have dire consequences-

The wine producers at Buckfast Abbey are actually a covert Westminster backed organisation dedicated to bringing about of the demise of Scotland as a political power. They have achieved this aim by getting the English sweetie manufacturers to reduce the size of their products in Scotland until they quietly 'disappear' off the shelves altogether. The Neds then have no alternative but to drink Buckfast for their sugar hit.

Thus rendering whole generations incapable of forming any judgements or opinions whatsoever, especially when it comes to the referendum on Independance. Had these kids stuck to Tunnocks' goodies, Lucky Tatties and become politically aware by reading the Broons, then the 'Yes' vote would be overwhelming. As it is now, the only people capable of voting in Scotland are the English.

And we'd like to keep our houses (and estates - mine's a Skoda Fabia) in Scotland as cheap holiday homes, thankyou very much. Then we can live in England eating full sized Wagon Wheels and come up to Scotland
    to order our servants about. So guess how we are going to vote.....

Funny how white dog poo disappeared about the same time Thatcher got into No10

Actually, the producers of 'Winalot' are actually a covert Westminster backed org...

i agree thier definatly smaller and in the jam wagon wheels im struggling to find the jam in it.

i think that there is a website that does all the "old fashioned" sweeties (sorry) maybe try googling old fashones sweets and see what it comes up with
    f

A threepenny bit johno-showing your age there-
    Yes they are smaller, I have one in my 'piece box' most days. But as with thumper,no the same taste at all.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman View Post
    A threepenny bit johno-showing your age there-
    Yes they are smaller, I have one in my 'piece box' most days. But as with thumper,no the same taste at all.
    Aye horseman, you,r a year or two senior to me so you,ll remember the bob,the tanner & the half crown [2/6 pence] oh & the ten bob note.
    The good old day,s eh . You remember the time you fell of Scorrie,s island
    heh heh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast