Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Our favorite view?

Default Our favorite view?

I was glad that Wastwater won the 'Britain's favorite view' competition, a deserving winner. Not that I am biased btw .

What is Caithness's favorite view?

Mine is
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

The view from the top of Morven
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

A shabby excuse for a programme.................

The BBC charge a license to produce programmes and then put out this drivel with the "chance to vote for your favourite view"..............

Absolute crap!

Almost as bad as "your chance to vote for the national treasure that will be saved"

Please don't fall for it............. change channels - do not participate.
    Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.

My favourite view is from the Top O Brabster nothing like it
    Yippee puppies galore soon

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I was glad that Wastwater won the 'Britain's favorite view' competition, a deserving winner. Not that I am biased btw .

What is Caithness's favorite view?

Mine is
    i thats a view indeed

Mareng - was this not an ITV programme. I do agree though that it was a bit drivel-like! I watched the first week to see the views and then got bored. I did tape it tonight to see what won but that involved watching for the four finalists and then whizzing on to see the winner. Things like your favourite view are all about emotions and personal taste. TV is obsessed with our favourite everything to the point of aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
    Last edited by wifie; 09-Sep-07 at 23:21. Reason: Didn't proof read first!

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    TV is obsessed with our favourite everything to the point of aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
    TV is and so are we here at the org. I may start another one, your favourite toothpaste??? What do you think??
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by mareng View Post
    A shabby excuse for a programme.................

The BBC charge a license to produce programmes and then put out this drivel with the "chance to vote for your favourite view"..............

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Mareng - was this not an ITV programme.
    It was an ITV programme. But agreed it was pure pap. Bamburgh was the bestview by far imho.
    You'll never talk alone!

I liked St Ives....its a lovely place..been there on holiday a few times.

Having said that, the views on the programme from Scotland weren't the best views by far. I could think of loadsa better views from all over the country than the ones that were picked.

My in-laws live in the Gower in South Wales....it is a lovely coasline...great beaches.
    Is ì ’n dàs ìs truìme ìs ìsle ’chromas a ceann. - The heaviest ear of corn bends its head the lowest.

Smile

My favourite view is Loch Watten in winter. It's a beautiful and serene place no matter the time of year, but the snow just makes it stand out for me.

Dunnet Head and the outline of the Hoy hills and the Old Man viewed from many places on the mainland.

Across Thurso Bay, taking in Scrabster, Holburn Head, The Firth with a good swell, Orkney and Hoy in the Background, seen from The Victoria Walk , my idea of a perfect view
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Thumbs up

Don't know about Caithness veiw but I used to love the view from the top of the Struie. On a clear day you could see for miles and it was breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Across Thurso Bay, taking in Scrabster, Holburn Head, The Firth with a good swell, Orkney and Hoy in the Background, seen from The Victoria Walk , my idea of a perfect view
    Golach, your description is what I see in my mind's eye when Thurso is mentioned.

It is as incomparable on a bright sunny day as it is during stormy weather under a heavy sky.

Dusty.
    He has a profound respect for old age. Especially when it's bottled.
    Gene Fowler

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Quote Originally Posted by Errogie View Post

Dunnet Head and the outline of the Hoy hills and the Old Man viewed from many places on the mainland.
    Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post

Across Thurso Bay, taking in Scrabster, Holburn Head, The Firth with a good swell, Orkney and Hoy in the Background, seen from The Victoria Walk, my idea of a perfect view
    Mine too, as well as looking back across the bay from Holborn Head. Loved it when the cliffs of Dunnet Head and Hoy were reflecting a gorgeous copper colour! Sair miss those views, I must admit!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!