Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whose opinions?

karia Guest

Question Whose opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by jsherris View Post
    My roast chicken dinner when I haven't got enough plate to get it all on.....

Which is what we had today... yes, I'm after something!

Hi Julie'

Does 'Andy' have an opinion on that as well?

I notice that he has all the 'big' opinions and you test the water with milder views..so that you can dodge the 'flak' if folks don't agree!

Too many holes in your 'my space' honey...if 'Andy' says it then you can't be accused of it...nice!...

.......Not brave!

If you were sorting out your 'parentally lacking' neighbours in the middle of last night..how come you were also on the org at 3.00am?

we like sincere on here!

Karia

Blackpool today..... who knows where tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    Hi Julie'

I notice that he has all the 'big' opinions and you test the water with milder views..so that you can dodge the 'flak' if folks don't agree!

Too many holes in your 'my space' honey...if 'Andy' says it then you can't be accused of it...nice!...

.......Not brave!

If you were sorting out your 'parentally lacking' neighbours in the middle of last night..how come you were also on the org at 3.00am?

we like sincere on here!

Karia
    Oh Karia, what can I say here.
    OK, one at a time then.
    Yes, Andy can be really opinionated - it's a trait I find quite funny when he starts ranting (think victor meldrew at age 48) - we've had rows where I've played devil's advocate, but on the whole I agree with him - to a point. I understand what he's saying, but I don't necessarily agree - but I am interested in then gaining the opinion of other folks.
    And as for being on here 3 am... I did explain actually - cops had taken young lady off & I was waiting for them to return to give a statement - which I did just before 4am & went to bed.
    Sincere? Yes, Karia, I am - my life here in blackpool is just like my front door - always open to others. What you see is what you get. It's how I am. Anyone can come see for themselves - in the past I've had several 'open weekends' for friends I've made online & still keep in touch with. If you are ever in Blackpool you would be more than welcome too - for a little street, we get a lot of 'goings on' because of the general area & several B & B's.

However, I'm not sure this is the right thread for such comments, but I will not apologise for referring to hubby or his opinions. After all, he is probably the best thing to have happened in my life. Ever.
    Julie
    I wish I'd picked more daisies.........(anon)

karia Guest

OK, one at a time then.
    Yes, Andy can be really opinionated - it's a trait I find quite funny when he starts ranting (think victor meldrew at age 48) - we've had rows where I've played devil's advocate, but on the whole I agree with him - to a point. I understand what he's saying, but I don't necessarily agree - but I am interested in then gaining the opinion of other folks.
    And as for being on here 3 am... I did explain actually - cops had taken young lady off & I was waiting for them to return to give a statement - which I did just before 4am & went to bed.
    Sincere? Yes, Karia, I am - my life here in blackpool is just like my front door - always open to others. What you see is what you get. It's how I am. Anyone can come see for themselves - in the past I've had several 'open weekends' for friends I've made online & still keep in touch with. If you are ever in Blackpool you would be more than welcome too - for a little street, we get a lot of 'goings on' because of the general area & several B & B's.

However, I'm not sure this is the right thread for such comments, but I will not apologise for referring to hubby or his opinions. After all, he is probably the best thing to have happened in my life. Ever.
    Julie
    Julie,

Thank you for the invite to your 'open house' in Blackpool.... Blimey..what a 'cosmopolitan' bunch of neighbours, what with Lesbians and families suffering neglect, not to mention roaring drunken pregnant women and their mothers requiring your help and keeping you off your org..sorry sleep!

I'm sure that you will enjoy the peaceful rolling hills of Ireland!

Karia

Hi Julie'

.......Not brave!

we like sincere on here!

Karia
    And who made Karia the org police, checking on other's sincerity???

OK, one at a time then.

Julie
    None of us should have to apologise for our right to have an opinion or support or disagree with anothers. I think your response is very polite Julie. But in my opinion, you shouldn't have had to give it!

Again, not into bad reps or hidden pm's, public forum, public critisism.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Lolabelle View Post
    And who made Karia the org police, checking on other's sincerity???

Nobody.

None of us should have to apologise for our right to have an opinion or support or disagree with anothers.

Exactly. Karia was expressing an opinion, her right to which you defend.

Julie was not asked to apologise, nor did she.

Again, not into bad reps or hidden pm's, public forum, public critisism.
    Yes. Both Julie and karia have expressed their opinions and criticism in public. So what exactly is your point, Lolabelle?
    Last edited by helenwyler; 27-Aug-07 at 11:48.

Just to avoid confusion...

on my previous post Lolabelle's comments are in bold comic sans MS
    and mine are in verdana.

Tried to edit it but failed!

Quote Originally Posted by helenwyler View Post
    Yes. Both Julie and karia have expressed their opinions and criticism in public. So what exactly is your point, Lolabelle?
    I thought my point was quite clear helenwyler. What's yours?
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

And this means?

karia Guest

It would appear that those in charge have seen fit to 'divide the thread' and so now everything is deliciously without context.

I am as bewildered as you!

but assume someone is amused by this...ho hum!

karia

My point is that they have both done exactly what you say they have a right to do!

Well, I'll just leave it there then.
    Over it anyway.

The reason these posts were pulled out of the original thread and into their own was because they were way off the original topic and had developed into a separate one.

Excellent!

It would appear that those in charge have seen fit to 'divide the thread' and so now everything is deliciously without context.

I am as bewildered as you!

but assume someone is amused by this...ho hum!

karia
    Just one more, cause I love to have the last word,

It is amusing, so I can understand others amusement. But I think it has kinda mangled the orginal thread!

I think there's obviously a place for anecdotes and chatting about our families and friends on lighter, chattier threads....most of us do it, don't we?

But when it comes to more important and potentially very contoversial matters, I think it's best to stick to posting our own opinions....to be prepared for criticism and disagreement, to stand up for our own beliefs if challenged, or indeed to reconsider and sometimes amend our original views on a topic. Surely that's what debate on a forum is all about?

There are a number of Org couples, with different usernames, where each individual can be held accountable for the opinions expressed.

It's entirely valid for Julie to post her opinions, just as it is for anybody else. However I for one do feel that if her OH would like to contribute his views on important and sensitive topics, he should open his own Org account.

Otherwise, what's next...."well, my auntie Flo thinks this, she has quite strong views and I don't think I really entirely agree with her, but well maybe she has a point, and she's a lovely old dear anyway, if a wee bit opinionated, so here's what she thinks...."

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post

Otherwise, what's next...."well, my auntie Flo thinks this, she has quite strong views and I don't think I really entirely agree with her, but well maybe she has a point, and she's a lovely old dear anyway, if a wee bit opinionated, so here's what she thinks...."
    Why not?

karia Guest

Because Aunt Flo can't be held accountable and you could use a real or invented aunt Flo to espouse all sorts of really nasty views which you can then neatly sidestep responsibility for if the going gets tough.

karia

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    Why not?
    Oddquine, I know we almost all mention what our family/friends/neighbours do or say at times...and indeed, why not? I entirely agree.

I just think it would be better to allow "auntie Flo" to present her own opinion on contentious topics, if she's willing and able to, then she is accountable for what she says.

It's good to know exactly who it is that's lobbing in the "hand grenade"...

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Oddquine, I know we almost all mention what our family/friends/neighbours do or say at times...and indeed, why not? I entirely agree.

I just think it would be better to allow "auntie Flo" to present her own opinion on contentious topics, if she's willing and able to, then she is accountable for what she says.

It's good to know exactly who it is that's lobbing in the "hand grenade"...
    Well, my Auntie Flo says she has no problems with me using her as a vehicle to offer two different opinions on one post in order to engender debate.

I can't see any difference between attributing different opinions and going the generalised " some people"/"most people"/"my neighbours" say route.

Methinks some sad people have little to do with their time that they are checking when other people are posting and insinuating they are telling porkies!

Because Aunt Flo can't be held accountable and you could use a real or invented aunt Flo to espouse all sorts of really nasty views which you can then neatly sidestep responsibility for if the going gets tough.

karia
    And your problem with that is?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast