Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: High Teas

Talking High Teas

Does anyone know of anywhere in Thurso that still does High Teas? My kids are just at the age (4 and 2) where i would quite like to attempt to take them to a family meal somewhere!!!!!! and the fact i could tempt them to behave if they wanted cakes!!!!

Default Hi teas

does the Pentland Hotel still do them - have not been for a long time but they used to do high teas

I think the Park hotel still does them. Let us know how you get on with the bairns and the food....

Castle arms in Mey used to do them, resonable price too, give them a ring and order in advance, we used to.

A good hug often helps

The Comm in Halkirk sometimes does them on a Sunday and I'm sure I have seen a notice outside the St Clair in Castletown so you could maybe give them a phone to see. Have fun

Please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a "high tea" ?
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Default High Teas

A meal where you can have a main course but on the side lots of scones,pancakes and cakes
    as opposed to dinner since bar suppers have become fashionable high teas have become less and less

tried to explain a bit lolabelle
    Its nice to be nice

Sounds like something I should try.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

The Central used to do them on Sundays but only in the Dining Room which is through the door to the left as you get to the top of the stairs.

Default high tea

The Northern Sands Hotel, Dunnet do a high tea for £7.50. Cakes are lovely and there are great choices on the menu.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - CONFUCIUS