Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In-Laws

Talking In-Laws

Well I find it very interesting what people have to say about there in-laws, you either hate them or put up with them, I dont think I have met anyone who loves them. I know that family is important etc, but some you realy dont need. I would love to hear your views and stories.

I loved my mother in law dearly. She was an amazing lady with a great sense of humour and a serious temper. I miss her still and she died about 15 years ago now and im not even married to her son anymore.

karia Guest

Hi Cyberman,

My OH adores my folks and vice versa.

He and my mum gang up on me and my dad, and mum is insisting that OH will do the oration at her funeral, as he can be trusted to get it right and include plenty of laughs!

Mum said to me once that if OH and I ever split up, she will blame me.......no matter whose fault it is!!!

Karia

My inlaws don't have anything to do with us as they are Jehovah's Witnesses and we are Christians.
    But, my family absolutely adore Dave and he them. I think if we ever split (pretty unlikely), I would get kicked out of the family and he would still be the golden haired boy. I'm sure they like him more than they like me.
    Last edited by Lolabelle; 22-Aug-07 at 13:49.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

my inlaws are great although the distance makes it difficult to see them. Just wish i could say the same about my own mother....I would change her if i could.....My mother likes no-one, moans about all and has nothing good to say about anyone....But i have a wonderfull hubby great kids and a brilliant life so i aint missing anything ....
    Last edited by justine; 22-Aug-07 at 13:50. Reason: spelling mistake

I'm still very, very fond of my FIL from my first marriage - although his son and I have been divorced for almost 20 years, and both of us remarried.

He is just a lovely man, with a delightful dry sense of humour, and he's been a smashing Grandad to my kids.

He's mid-80s now, and a bit frail, sadly. We all adore him!

I wish i could say something nice about my in-laws but i just cant, as a lot of you know i lost my beloved dog recently, and the only people who didnt contact me and teen and weany miss ks were my in-laws, no support sympathy nothing,they also decided not to turn up to weany miss ks 2nd birthday party choosing to give us space to get over jake, but not tell us and presume we would cancel the party, (i may add that her birthday party was put of a day to accomodate them, making the trip up) after 6 years of hell mr k has had enough and we are just concentrating on our own wee family so its true you just cant pick em, Mr k i may add just loves my mam and dad.

ive just got married a good few months back and i can say that my new inlaws are brilliant we get on so well which i thinks maks all the difference i enjoy our weekly chats on the phone(she lives a good bit away) and feel that i can talk to them both dont think i could be bothered if i had inlaws that i didnt get on with for whatever reason lifes to short for that kind of hasslle

I like my in-laws but my wife really dislikes her parents so we rarely visit - about once a year.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

My in laws have passed away a long time ago. i got on great guns with them both.They always had time for us & their grandchildren. they are sadly missed.

My In Laws were the best, they have both passed away, and I miss them both
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

My FIL was brilliant - he told the funniest jokes and would often have me in stitches. He was a great dad to my husband and would have made a wonderful grandad to our children, but he died 10 years ago this Christmas. We both still really miss him and family gatherings have never quite been the same.

I care deeply for my in-laws and still keep in touch even though they are not my in-laws any more.

Hmmn let me see, in-laws are they the people put on this earth to tell others just what it is that is SOOoooo wrong with the person their son chose to marry? Thank godness I don't have to worry about them any more.That being said my father in law was lovely but he died before I actually married his son x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Mine were first class fil+bil tried ever so hard to make me as good a darts player as they were-ha-mil was superb,an we ended up with both min's living with us at the same time.Interesting that,an they passed away with us an that is some of my important memories,lovely people. G-childrenloved them all.

I am an absolutely brilliant M-I-L..............honest!

Neither of my offspring still with their spouses.............but I'm still hinging in there....whether they like it or not! !

Couldn't stand my(now ex) mother & sister in law the father was okay, my mother thought the sun shone on my ex I was the bad one when we parted.
    I get on fine with Mr P's mother I visit every week

we both get on with each others parents although they are back in inverness so we dont get to see them as much as we used to. My dad died a while ago so the oh never got to see much of him but loved the time he was here. The youngest boy had never met him as he was only a baby at the time.

I cant say anything bad about my inlaws, I get on great with my mum inlaw and father inlaw and my sister in law is just like my sister she is perfect. I wont fault them for anything as they have always been there for us.

Default Second time around....

I get on grand with my second set of in-laws....and the same is true of my hubby with my parents. They are both there for advice and would be there if there was a crisis but they don't interfere and that is a bonus. If my husband takes the mickey out of me, my parents-in-law side with me which is priceless.

My first lot of in-laws were not that nice at all and I detested one of my Bro-in-laws, he was really creepy.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast