Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multi Tasking

karia Guest

Default Multi Tasking

Evening All,

In an attempt to ameliorate the guilt I feel for spending so much time on line, I often try and do something else at the same time (am currently shelling peas one handed!)

What absurd combination of activities do you guys find yourself doing whilst visiting your favourite sites.

Keep it clean!

Karia

i cannot believe how addicted i am to the org

i was just whisking eggs and took the laptop with me! sad i know!
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

karia Guest

Wow Ash,

You read my thread, typed and posted a reply within one minute AND you were whisking eggs!!

FAST!

Karia

i know its MADNESS

im soooo addicted!! might need to have a week off from the org! lol
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

have breakfast - check the Org. Back for some milk for office break - check the Org. Make sandwiches for lunch - check the Org. have my lunch - check the Org. Excuse to pop home in afternoon - check the Org. Prep dinner - check Org. Eat dinner while - checking the Org. Keep up with current affairs to TRY to sound intelligent - on the Org. few hours to spare - better check the Org.........Who said it was addictive?

OMG is this an illness or what, multitasking and checking the org between chores! LOL I did hear on the radio today I think it was, then again it may have been yesterday LOL that apparently some people have some sort of anxiety disorder with regards to checking their emails every so often LOL Im so glad I havent succombed to this apparent addictive disorder............. The day I have an egg whisk in one hand and a mouse in the other is the day that I will seek help! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by WildChild View Post
    OMG is this an illness or what, multitasking and checking the org between chores! LOL I did hear on the radio today I think it was, then again it may have been yesterday LOL that apparently some people have some sort of anxiety disorder with regards to checking their emails every so often LOL Im so glad I havent succombed to this apparent addictive disorder............. The day I have an egg whisk in one hand and a mouse in the other is the day that I will seek help! LOL
    Ha Ha, your days are already numbered wildchild, welcome to the Org from which there is NO escape

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WildChild View Post
    OMG is this an illness or what, multitasking and checking the org between chores! LOL I did hear on the radio today I think it was, then again it may have been yesterday LOL that apparently some people have some sort of anxiety disorder with regards to checking their emails every so often LOL Im so glad I havent succombed to this apparent addictive disorder.............The day I have an egg whisk in one hand and a mouse in the other is the day that I will seek help! LOL
    WildChild,

Glad to hear you are able to do one thing well!

Some of us don't have that luxury and can only aspire to multi tasking.

For most of us, it is not 'checking our e-mails' and such life-style c**p , so much as looking after elderly and dying parents, or perhaps children and infants, as well as trying to deal with 'day to day ' problems like Bills and care facilities,...We're not trying to sell our nail polishing skills on e-bay!

Sometimes you find decent and kind friends on the internet, they can illuminate your way and provide great support, if that is what you seek.

May there always be a market for that which you sell!

Karia

The thing I have most problem with is carrying on a conversation, on the phone or with Dave or visitors. They can sometimes be a rude intrusion to my org time. While on the phone, people are frequently asking if I am still there.
    Everything else I can manage between posts most of the time. Except driving .... lol, just joking.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

My idea of multi-tasking is having a tinny in one hand, dram in the other, then figuring out how I can roll a ciggy and have a smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    My idea of multi-tasking is having a tinny in one hand, dram in the other, then figuring out how I can roll a ciggy and have a smoke!
    Now that Aaldtimer is what I call multi-tasking

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    Evening All,

In an attempt to ameliorate the guilt I feel for spending so much time on line, I often try and do something else at the same time (am currently shelling peas one handed!)

What absurd combination of activities do you guys find yourself doing whilst visiting your favourite sites.

Keep it clean!

Karia
    Ah, but all the gunk on your hands from the peas will soon make its way onto the keys and into the crevices and the keyboard will seize-up.

We experienced org addicts keep a supply of sliced turkey in the freezer for those days/weeks when we have to go cold turkey.

Good luck! The good news is that the addiction does wear off, but when it does you will likely have made some very good friends, orgers who were on the addiction ride with you. For me those friendships have become precious. See you all in 7 days!

At the moment I'm unpacking the shopping on the org back to the shopping back to the org. I might miss something.

Talking

I can fart, pick my nose all whilst drinking a can of beer, a bit awkward with my finger up my nose and swigging a beer, but i manage, and only a little bit spilt down my top along with the fried egg i had earlier......... dont paint a pretty picture does it lol.

Im not that gross looking ......honest

Cheers horseman! (Hic)

Quote Originally Posted by bigjjuk View Post
    I can fart, pick my nose all whilst drinking a can of beer, a bit awkward with my finger up my nose and swigging a beer, but i manage, and only a little bit spilt down my top along with the fried egg i had earlier......... dont paint a pretty picture does it lol.

Im not that gross looking ......honest
    just wondering. can you still smell your fart with your finger up your nose

Quote Originally Posted by anneoctober View Post
    Ha Ha, your days are already numbered wildchild, welcome to the Org from which there is NO escape
    OMG is it really that bad? I will admit to thinking while checking the org LOL wondering what to have for dinner or when will I paper that room or what to watch on Tele LOL I can never make my mind up which to do LOL Thats ofcourse in amongst all the other things that Karia speaks of...........but thats Life eh! LOL

karia Guest

Hi wildchild,

Sorry, I was more than harsh with you last night.

Didn't notice it was your first post...not that that should matter!

Today I have been multi-tasking by beating myself with a big stick, along with all the other stuff.

Could you multi-task with whatever you are doing and forgive me?

Regretful and apologetic,..truly!

Karia

Ive just been and had something to eat I cant manage to do that and type LOL One thing at a time for me Im afraid LOL Apology accepted Karia LOL I forgive you wholeheartedly you can now chuck the stick! LOL

*catches stick whilst watching Real Men, drinking tea, laying on the sofa and typing this post*
    ***Om Mani Padme Hum***

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast