Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOW!! How smart did Wick High Pupils look!!

Thumbs up WOW!! How smart did Wick High Pupils look!!

Anyone pass Wick High School this morning?? It was a sight to behold.!!

They were all looking very smart! A lot of blazers and ties to be seen.

Well done to all and lets keep it up!!

Lets hope it may stamp out some of the bullying.....

got to admit my boys went off to school looking very smart in their blazers & ties.far better than jeans & a hoody.

I remember seeing the Thurso kids last year and they did look very smart.
    Glad Wick are the same and I also hope that it does reduce the bullying!

My kids are only in primary school, but, I do tend to put them in full school uniform all the time.

I don't really like Jeans with the School jumpers, I think it looks awful. Each to their own though.
    Never frown, cos you never know who will fall in love with your smile!

Thumbs up

Aye, they all looked great this morning, really smart

Much better to see them all the same
    Always remember your unique, just like everyone else

saw them at lunch time down the street.. and they looked so very nice!!
    and well turned out!
    i didnt see a single kid not in uniform!
    well ton Wick high kids!
    you guys look really great!
    http://itqueries.com/

i thought they looked silly. like clones, no chance of being an individual.poor kids

well if it stops the bullying looking like clones isnt a bad thing! & its the childrens choice if they wear the uniform its not compulsary so it just goes to prove the kids are all for it.
    They had alot of options with the uniform & most of the kids have gone for the blazer & ties which look great! well done kids!

Clones? No chance of being individual? I just put that down to a lack of imagination.
    I wore a school uniform in my youth and I can assure you that every teacher I had would never ever describe either me or my friends as clones or of not being individuals.
    The very suggestion that any one of us had been cloned would have had them screaming in horror and heading for the nearest Funny Farm for safety!
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

i think its nice to see them all dressed smartly and the kids in thurso dont all look the same, well definetely not the girls as there is so many different types of trouser or skirts for them that goes with the uniform
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

I didn't spot any clones today amongst the Wick High School pupils. I did see a lot of very individual, well dressed young adults. Kewl.

would love to hear from some of the kids how they got on IN their new suits!
    http://itqueries.com/

they looked well smart and no clones, as said before it was worn in differant ways but still looked smart. well done

A good hug often helps

Quote Originally Posted by brandy View Post
    would love to hear from some of the kids how they got on IN their new suits!
    Yes, Brandy - I'd like to hear their opinions too. Maybe rfr10 and a few others will be in later to tell us what they thought.

This is why I don't wear slogan T-shirts - I am an individual by being me, not by what I wear. Surely a uniform can encourage the right sort of individuality ie you'd have to have some personality to stand out instead of the right designer clothes!!

Quote Originally Posted by botheed View Post
    i thought they looked silly. like clones, no chance of being an individual.poor kids

if i wis still at e school i wid be delited wi e new uniform. i wis always late for ma 1st class cos ma beegest problem in e high school wis sussin oot what til wear!!
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Default well done kids

my kids lookt very good as did all the kids it brought a tear to my eyes to see them looking cool and smart

Quote Originally Posted by botheed View Post
    As opposed to the previous 'uniform' of hoodies, baseball caps, same jeans, same trainers. Slouched, hands thrust deep in pockets.
    Individual right enough.
    And what about those who tried real individuality at WHS? Were they applauded by the mass of kids?
    Good for you Wick High School. Now let's see the standard grade and higher figures UP and the exclusions and bullying cases DOWN.
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 14-Aug-07 at 18:37.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

kids i saw looked really smart and my oldest wants to wear his blazer the morra. must get a tie though. he didnt want one and now he does cos he saw how many were wearing one and how great it looked.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

Smile uniform

I totally agree it is very smart and(maybe my imagination) but I think they are walking taller because their proud to been seen it it. Maybe makes them feel like proper adults instead of slouching around. It will make poeple see them as being a bit more responsible

I also agree..the kids looked really smart and good today all dressed in their school uniforms...They looked very formal! Seen them all at lunch time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast