Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: dogs becoming blood donors//

Thumbs up dogs becoming blood donors//

Came across this story this morning and was wonderingif anyone else had heard about this, as i would love to be eable to find out wether our dog would be able to become a suitable donor. There is no info on where to contact anyone about this and was wondering if any knew what i should do to find out...Thanks for any help....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...al/6938718.stm

http://www.petbloodbankuk.org/petowners/whatwedo.htm

Unfortunalty they only had one visit to scotland ! hopefully more planned.

cheers for that solus. Being a donor myself it makes sense that i can give dogs the same chance.I am sure bingo wont mind...

Its a great idea, my lab Bob read it and mentioned that he had to have two major operations as a pup and that there was blood available for him if it all went pete tong,so he has decided if he gets the opertunity to donate some of his red stuff!

it is a great idea and i hope that more people will get in to it, so more animals may survive..I have a strange blood group myself and it is hard to find compatible blood for my self.I have been told by the hospital that if i needed a transfusion there would be a delay on getting a perfect match, so i can sympathise with any animal lover who may have lost their pet due to lack of blood...Lets hope that they get the system up and running....

Do they get a dog biscuit and a cup of tea afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Do they get a dog biscuit and a cup of tea afterwards?

My god are you daft.The tea and buscuits are for the owner, the dog gets a shot of whiskey......