Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: golden charter

Question golden charter

I've just been perusing this guide, and got to wondering if any Orgers have special requests on how their funeral should be planned. Would it be private, would it be religious, music of your own choice or the traditional path with psalms or hymns? Flowers, donations to charity?
    I've come to realise that it's as fraught with difficulties as organising a wedding. Since I've been trying to sort out such questions in my head, I'd be interested in your comments

only request i have is that they make sure im dead before they bury me

Quote Originally Posted by anneoctober View Post
    I've just been perusing this guide, and got to wondering if any Orgers have special requests on how their funeral should be planned. Would it be private, would it be religious, music of your own choice or the traditional path with psalms or hymns? Flowers, donations to charity?
    I've come to realise that it's as fraught with difficulties as organising a wedding. Since I've been trying to sort out such questions in my head, I'd be interested in your comments
    come to think on it , your gettin just a bit morbid all of a sudden.

Blackpool today..... who knows where tomorrow!

Wow.... I think it's nice to be able to talk openly about these sort of plans - my Mum passed away in 2005 & used to get upset if I broached the subject... the result was that her partner couldn't stay in their council home, there were no life or indeed death policies, we really weren't too sure what she wanted, or where she wanted it to happen...... it was very sad.. and very very expensive. She was only 63, but she knew she wouldn't make her 3 score & 10.

Me, on the other hand.... I would like a civil funeral as I'm not in the least religious - I would like everyone to wear something yellow... I would like to be cremated, & I'd like an eco-friendly corrugated cardboard coffin - black with a HUGE yellow smiley on the top!
    Flowers: If anyone feels the need, please make them freesias, in bunches rather than wreaths
    Music: I'll be missing you by faith Evans/P Diddy & maybe something by Mandy Patinkn as well (don't ask!)
    & then off to a pub somewhere for a bit of a booze-up then home to argue over who gets what jewellery, etc etc......
    The only thing they're not allowed to argue over is my Mum's Blue Mountain Pottery panther... that goes to little Leah - full stop!

I'm quite happy to chat about the big event, my 3 girls already know what I would like & I think in the not too distant future, Andy & I will arrange the payments for the funerals as well.
    His Mum (87) has everything in place & was very relieved that she had sorted it all out - i don't think she trusts us to do it all 'her way'.... meaning that she's even left the plans & the contact numbers for the cars, caterers, florist & all!
    Bless her - at least we shall have a decent mourning period for her, because when MY Mum went, it took me the whole 8 days interim between death & funeral to sort her financial affairs AND clean her house from top to bottom - and I found it hard to forgive the fact that she knew she was poorly but never once thought about what would happen to those folks she left behind.
    I wish I'd picked more daisies.........(anon)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    come to think on it , your gettin just a bit morbid all of a sudden.
    It's the thought of all those spam sandwiches you'll be ordering...

I want to be disposed of as simply as possible. I really don't care what happens after I'm dead. It won't matter to me. Be good if they could just stick me in the wheelie bin and dump me - I don't have a problem with organic material in landfill sites

And if there should be any money left behind, well I think a very fine party is in order!

I would like my ashes to be scattered off the cliffs at Holborn Head, where I used to sit for hours watching the birds and the sea. Music? Something by ELO or Freiheit, maybe. Service - an outdoor one with no crying permitted (as if!) and a big knees-up afterward. Brass plaque on a small monument on the cliff with something nice on it - like "He's behind you!" 'cos that's my sense of humour.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

I wouldnt want my funeral to be morbid, no black, no sad music.
    Dont want people to be sad, want them to celebrate my life.
    Any money left will go to my children
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

I'd like a civil / spiritual service (not religious) Buddhist readings and a willow coffin.

I haven't decided on burial or cremation just yet as i think there are pro's and cons to both.

In an ideal world I'd like a sky burrial in the Himalayas but I doubt that will happen!

Also what do you guys think about partners meeting someone new after you've gone?

People always say that they would want they're other half to be happy but I've told Michael that i'll bloody haunt him till his dying day if he so much as looks at another woman!! (it's an ongoing joke of ours)
    ***Om Mani Padme Hum***

It's the thought of all those spam sandwiches you'll be ordering...
    Ah, there wont be any SPAM sarnies at my wake Anne. lobster ,salmon & other goodies but no Spam. and i do have one other request i want R.I.P. as my epitaph. R. eturn I. f P. ossible.
    Last edited by johno; 06-Aug-07 at 10:55.

I'm not going to turn up for my funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    I'm not going to turn up for my funeral.
    And let down all those mourner,s . Naw you would,nt Would you.

I want ti be cremated...purple dye added to the smoke and everyone wearing something lilac......no religeon would be happy with the Sally Army doing the service, and a great big knees up afterwards
    Live life to the full, you only get one chance so make it count
    dont be to happy coz someone sure to shoot you down

karia Guest

Hi Folks,

I don't want a funeral.

A wee notice in the paper indicating that I have 'stopped'

my OH and best friend can take me to the crem in a Tesco trolley, after all I spend most of my life there, so it seems fitting that they should provide the transport and after all....Every Little Helps!

Karia

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    Hi Folks,

I don't want a funeral.

A wee notice in the paper indicating that I have 'stopped'

my OH and best friend can take me to the crem in a Tesco trolley, after all I spend most of my life there, so it seems fitting that they should provide the transport and after all....Every Little Helps!

Karia

Hahahahaha!
    ***Om Mani Padme Hum***

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    Ah, there wont be any SPAM sarnies at my wake Anne. lobster ,salmon & other goodies but no Spam. and i do have one other request i want R.I.P. as my epitaph. R. eturn I. f P. ossible.
    Best one yet,like northener's one too.If my lot don't do the full (dar'ent say monty)lot,I'll come back an haunt them!"!

Quote Originally Posted by horseman View Post
    Best one yet,like northener's one too.If my lot don't do the full (dar'ent say monty)lot,I'll come back an haunt them!"!
    Does this mean my lovely orgers, that we believe in reincarnation? Or just want to scare our family & friends into saying nice things about us, once we 've passed over?
    Thanks for your input and keep them coming. At least one or two of my ideas are not as "way out" as i had thought !

karia Guest

Does this mean my lovely orgers, that we believe in reincarnation? Or just want to scare our family & friends into saying nice things about us, once we 've passed over? # #
    Thanks for your input and keep them coming. At least one or two of my ideas are not as "way out" as i had thought !

I really hope not!

This time around has been tiring enough.

karia

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    I really hope not!

This time around has been tiring enough.

karia
    Where's your spirit, Karia ??

I would like a very sad funeral highlighting how I was nothing short of PERFECT! Would want EVERYONE in tears then all of a sudden the slushy songs that are getting played get cut off and The minister says "Now will you all rise for Martins favourite song" and the birdy dance comes on!

Can you imagine everyone crying and dancing!

Perfect!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast