Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caithness Petrol Price rise again

Default Caithness Petrol Price rise again

Well it's almost there - almost a £1 a litre - Esso Pump in THURSO just in time for the Holiday visitors 99.9 for diesel 96.9 for unleaded - How does he justifiy it we must be the most expensive on the UK main Land.

Can't someone do something about it

I think just recently a very good explanation was given as to why petrol is more expensive in remote areas. If you want to save money then try walking more. I'm sure most car owners in the caithness area use their car for journeys that could easily be walked.

bandite Guest

86.9p a litre unleaded at a Shell pumps in Aberdeen this morning, pretty sure the supermarkets are cheaper but havent checked.

Default Fuel

Lasher, What shell station was that?

bandite Guest

DELETED

Default fUEL

Whats the prices in Wick ?

Maybe the reason for them upping there price is due to the fact that when Tesco's opens everybody will go there for their fuel so they want to make as much profit just now as possible while they still can

Richards garage in Thurso is still at 94.9p, but all the rest r up 2p dearer

Warrior, it was the one on Great Northern Rd near the Haudigan.

bandite Guest

More chance o them going up with it being county show - every chule tryna make an extra pound.

in wick its 94.9 right now! using the car sparingly! *grrr*

Quote Originally Posted by bandite
    The only reason they are Higher is PURE PROFit to the site owners
    Didn't watch North Tonight last night then? Huge oil disaster in Mexico pushes up prices across the globe.

Anyway, of course its for profit, how else do you run a business? Specially one that is just holding on and no more to the little profit it can make.

Re all the ranting on the Tesco discussion about what local petrol pumps are going to do etc when tesco comes.....

We were told by someone that works in a Wik garage that soon as Tesco comes then the local pumps will go to exactly the same price. The garage owners will not loose out on their profit as its surely the same agreed amount between the company and the owner no matter what price its at per litre????

There are hundreds of Tesco's across the country, U dont see all the local pumps closing.. They just go to the same price!

But one thing i can be sure of is that once Tescos does come i will ONLY use them to get my petrol. The hike of prices up here recently no matter what the reason is has left a sour taste in my mouth, its ridiculous!! people wont forget that locally i hope.... Bring on Tesco's!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wings
    The garage owners will not loose out on their profit as its surely the same agreed amount between the company and the owner no matter what price its at per litre????
    Are you so simple?? If you cut your price you get less money!!!!

BP or any other supplier is hardly going to feel sorry for the garages and sell it to them cheaper are they? The only thing they can cut is their already miniscule margin down to practicaly nothing.
    Garages will close.

Why don't the garages get together and buy bulk - like grocers do with spar and mace? Then they can afford to sell cheaper, if in fact that is the reason for their over the top prices.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by katarina
    Why don't the garages get together and buy bulk - like grocers do with spar and mace? Then they can afford to sell cheaper, if in fact that is the reason for their over the top prices.
    Looking at prices in spar shops I would say that they buy in bulk and sell at an inflated price

Are you so simple?? If you cut your price you get less money!!!!

BP or any other supplier is hardly going to feel sorry for the garages and sell it to them cheaper are they? The only thing they can cut is their already miniscule margin down to practicaly nothing.
    Garages will close.[/quote]

--

Take a ccchhiilll tides......No need to get so hyper!!

If you read again what i wrote, the part you have responded to was a question i posed not a statement!! Mmhh Simple comes to mind!...

I dont give a dam if local petrol stations close.. What affect will it have on us the public??... Not a thing.. The only affect it will have is not enabling garage owners to make a mint by Ripping people of left.... right .. and centre any longer!!!!!

Let them all close!!

Quote Originally Posted by wings
    The only affect it will have is not enabling garage owners to make a mint by Ripping people of left.... right .. and centre any longer!!!!!
    Ah!! Im gonna cry if I hear that again. GARAGES UP HERE HAVE A MINISCULE PROFIT MARGIN. ITS NOT THEM THAT ARE RIPPING YOU OFF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast