Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: First & Best

Default First & Best

This is the first Rose I ever grew, and it was about 10 inches across. Huge and fragrant too. Shame the picture is not scratch & sniff.

She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

WOW Lolabelle!! That rose is even bigger than my head! Amazing!
    Last edited by helenwyler; 31-Jul-07 at 07:51.

Is that the scented victorian variety known as "Mermaid?" Had 1 where I was brought up and the huge flowers always amazed me.

I have no idea what it was called. It's a shame, because I have since killed it when I transplanted it into the garden.
    I would have like to buy another, but it's all gone now.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

I wish your picture was scratch and sniff too, Lolabelle. The rose is a gorgeous colour, and I'd love to see a huge fragant one like that in reality!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!