Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bullet dodged

Do you have the total tax figure from the North Sea or what percentage of that figure Scotland gets handed back from Westminster .

when your digging out that figures could you also find what's been the total money from the North Sea and what percentage of that ended up in Westminster . Let's see if we can get some truthful figure and not some colonist basis figures .
    Last edited by dozy; 28-Aug-20 at 12:36.

The dream is dead!
    Nicola’s been told........you cannot spend £15 Billion more that you take it!
    So now let her loosen up all the cash she has hidden for Indyref’...
    See, I am using Corky and OQ’s Word! Hey u2..am I smart or what?
    Nice replies pls....ty.
    Ohhh and stop paying Wee Ekk! Hope I got that right! And all the expensive meetings with Secret Celebrities!

It seems more problems then Juan Carlos has!
    Last edited by The Horseman; 28-Aug-20 at 12:44.

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    Do you have the total tax figure from the North Sea or what percentage of that figure Scotland gets handed back from Westminster .

when your digging out that figures could you also find what's been the total money from the North Sea and what percentage of that ended up in Westminster . Let's see if we can get some truthful figure and not some colonist basis figures .

2018/2019 seen £1.2bn revenue.
    2019/2020 will be significantly less

2015/2016 seen negative revenue to the tune of -£85m

even back in the good old days the figures never reached £15bn

Not quite the cash cow it is seen as
    Last edited by mi16; 28-Aug-20 at 13:59.
    W.A.T.P.

It's remarkable how forgetful the uber-yoons get when the GERS figures come out. These figures represent the state of the Scottish economy whilst it is part of the UK and has roughly 85% of its economy run by the English government. What a sad indictment of 313 years of this disgraceful Union that these figures are what they are.

The inconvenient truth for the BritNats is that they are widely held to be utterly useless in determining the health of the economy of an independent Scotland. But hey, let's not let the truth get in the way of a good scare story. Same old same old. Project fear still alive and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    It's remarkable how forgetful the uber-yoons get when the GERS figures come out. These figures represent the state of the Scottish economy whilst it is part of the UK and has roughly 85% of its economy run by the English government. What a sad indictment of 313 years of this disgraceful Union that these figures are what they are.

The inconvenient truth for the BritNats is that they are widely held to be utterly useless in determining the health of the economy of an independent Scotland. But hey, let's not let the truth get in the way of a good scare story. Same old same old. Project fear still alive and kicking.
    Well I guess if they double income tax they could easily flip that figure to the black
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    2018/2019 seen £1.2bn revenue.
    2019/2020 will be significantly less

2015/2016 seen negative revenue to the tune of -£85m

even back in the good old days the figures never reached £15bn

Not quite the cash cow it is seen as
    Yet again the colonist never give a true picture , North Sea oil is the product that keeps on giving . Not only do you get the initial tax take ,you get the extra first stage product take and then from all the by-products and for course diesel and petrol . Which would see an extra £28.4bn even in these Covid relate times. So all the colonist can't and don't what to see the truth ,unless you give them the figure that suits .

Ah, the strange way of a Scexiteers thinking.....

If Scotland's oil is the UK's oil its robbery.

If Orkney and Shetland's oil is Scotland's oil, it's a God given right.

Can't a separate Scotland not just live on their own oil from under Arthur's Seat and Sauchihall Street?

Orkneycadian there, insulting 55% of the population. You keep it up. You and your like have provided the greatest impetus for the separatist movement over these last few months. With your continued help we will be free very soon. Thanks from all of us.

Cork/OQ...What I read in the Media today, will likely change the word Devolution to the word REVOLUTION....SAD.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Cork/OQ...What I read in the Media today, will likely change the word Devolution to the word REVOLUTION....SAD.

Revolution sounds like just what we need, can we put the Royal Family to the Guillotine?
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Revolution sounds like just what we need, can we put the Royal Family to the Guillotine?
    Why would you want to kill the royal family?
    W.A.T.P.

My comment was the ‘Scots’ would likely Revolt over the money reportedly ‘squandered by SNP’.
    Long live whomever!

No response on this thinly veiled threat?
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    No response on this thinly veiled threat?
    OK... Not literally, just historically that is known to happen. They do need to go though.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Are we talking about the real Royal family here, or the pretendy one at the Palace of Holyrood, headed up by the self styled and appointed Queen Nic?

OK... Not literally, just historically that is known to happen. They do need to go though.
    Im not sure i agree with that, I think they need slimming down to remove the hangers on yes.
    But the Queen etc should be retained, and I am sure lost of the commonwealth would agree.
    The Royal family whilst largely symbolic these days attract lots of people to the UK that may not otherwise come over, the whole Royalty thing has a certain quaint charm to it that people love.
    Without them we would just be another nondescript European nation.
    W.A.T.P.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234