Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Carpet Shampooer

Default Carpet Shampooer

Hi,
    I have a rug approx 5 foot by 6 foot which I need shampood, Where can I put it to get done ??

U can hire the rug doctor from homebase for i think its £25 a day, then u can get all your carpets done

it is 19.99 for 24hr hire.You need three forms of id.You can buy the shampoo aswell. Well worth it....Best carpet cleaner that i have tried....Just wish you could buy them.....

You can hire one from Autoparts in Thurso for I think £15 per day not including shampoo.

Somerfields also hire them out.

Quote Originally Posted by justine View Post
    it is 19.99 for 24hr hire.You need three forms of id.You can buy the shampoo aswell. Well worth it....Best carpet cleaner that i have tried....Just wish you could buy them.....
    Your wish is my command:-

http://shop.optionhygiene.com/ebstor...code=%7EMAC001

Default Shampooer

Thanks guys / girls, I'll maybe try autoparts as they're just around the corner. I only have the one rug to do as other floors wooden so not worth going through to Wick for homebases machine for a 30 min job.
    Unless of course somebody wants to share it?

If you are in Wick, Shearer's also have a shampoo-er for rent at less than homebase and sommerfield and are much easier and (in my opinion) nicer to deal with.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Somerfields also hire them out.
    And you need three forms of identification there too.

Default SuperClean

You could always phone Eric Drummond, proprietor of SuperClean-

http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=213

In addition to cleaning all sorts of houshold surfaces, Eric is good if you have any donkeys that need their hind legs removed

(sorry Eric )
    Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.

I'd recommend Eric too. He did my carpets when I moved into my house. I've since bought a vax carpet cleaner hoover thing, but its more hassle than its worth to be honest!!

Default Thanks

Thanks guys I'm gonna give eric a shout, easier than doing it myself. Thanks for all your advice and help.
    Max

Quote Originally Posted by laguna2 View Post
    And you need three forms of identification there too.
    Sorry, didn't know that. Have a machine myself so just buy the cleaner there.