Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Mess

Angry Dog Mess

soo annoyed.....i was on my way to pick up my wee girl from playgroup and i always walk up the same way...up through barrock street as thats where she goes, its normally a lovely walk but today it was full of dog mess, whats wrong with people picking up their dogs mess!!! its absoultely disgusting, we walked home a different way as my childs at the "whats that " stage, not something i want to discuss with my 3year old that people are disgusting and dont pick up after their animals!

is it just me or does this annoy anyone else?
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

onwers don't seen to take any notice and just leave it there

OH Ash, how i agree with you on that. we have two wee dog,s and i would never be ignorant enough to just walk away and leave their mess. but then some pet owners just let their animals wander about freely.

As a responsible dog owner (I belive that most are) it annoys me immensely that some dog owners just don't give two hoots about anybody else.

It's lazy and it's selfish to leave your dogs mess for other people (not least children) to walk in - or worse. Couldn't agree with you more.

As with all things, it only takes a few thoughtless and selfish people to seriously spoil so many things in life.

we just got our wee cocker spaniel puppy alfie last weekend and i cant wait to take him out, i certainly wont be leaving is mess on the ground for others to walk in!
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Someone thought they'd leave a big pile of doggy mess on the pavement right outside my house last weekend.
    Thanks for that.

a tird of all dog mess is dropped by dogs who just do not care. Their owners don't care either. It's now an offence around here not to scoop your pooches poop.

I complained at big dollops of horse mess being deposited close to Toboggan Towers. I was told 'it's not toxic' and therefore not illegal to let your steed's steaming pile stink the place out. I shall now merely treat it as a roundabout. Or buy a rose bush. Maybe.

karia Guest

People pay good money for that Percy,..granted a bit of accuracy on the delivery front wouldn't hurt.

Plant as you find,..sow as you reap !

When you find out where the guilty horse lives, you know what you have to do !!

Karia

I think the dog poo in wick is disgusting, in some streets every two steps there is lumps of it. If people who own dogs are not willing to pick the poo up them selfs, then they should let the dogs do it in there own gardens. Instead of subjecting it to everyone else or they shouldn't have dogs at all. I feel it is pure laziness on the owners part

whats worse than a big poo on the pavement, yep a poo that has been dropped from a dog that was pulled all over the place.
    WoRdS ShOuLd Be SiMpLe An VoIcEs SoFt !!!

My garden backs on to a river and people take their dogs for walks along the bank, what really annoys me is every dog seams to poo for Britain outside my gate !! SO Ive made a sign saying "pick it up "and pined some bags up hopefully someone will read it and feel guilty enough to remove it from my back way !
    computer says no ........

my dog won't go in a public place or on any kind of pavement - strange but true!
    ***Om Mani Padme Hum***

Quote Originally Posted by angela5 View Post
    Someone thought they'd leave a big pile of doggy mess on the pavement right outside my house last weekend.
    Thanks for that.

Some kind soul did just that outside my garden gate a couple of weeks ago....but I went after him!

From my sitting room, I watched his dog (on a lead) do its' business right outside the gate, and waited to see if it would get picked up. Needless to say it didn't, so I rushed out to find him and his dog half-way down the street. I shouted to him to come back and pick it up, to which he replied he had no bags. So I said, wait there and i'll get you some. By the time i'd rushed inside to get some bags, he'd legged it (not surprisingly!).

I had had enough, so jumped in the car with the bags and went after him. I eventually tracked him down a few streets away, and you should've seen the look on his face as I jumped out infront of him and shoved the bags in his face and told him to get back and clean it up or else i'd report him to the police.

Btw, I did phone the police mid-chase, to see how I stood. I was told it would be his word against mine, so there was nothing they could do. Lovely.

He did come back and clean up the mess, so it worked out ok.
    You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!

I did notice today that the streets seemed worse than usual. And they wern't even little ones. When i had a dog i picked up after it religiously. How do people have the brass neck?

Find it really annoying that we have a lovely wee dog whose waste products are picked up religiously,yet, we often find BIG dog products left in our garden.

We live in a fairly enclosed area therefore the owner has to witness the
    "drop", yet the deposits remain on our grass for us. Thanks.

Heathfield, Thurso.

Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    hopefully someone will read it and feel guilty enough to remove it from my back way !
    Too much detail.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Default Halkirk

We seem to have the same problem here.
    I watched a woman with two little dogs let one drop its load on my front lawn, then she made to pick it up, so I let it go, but when I went out later, all she had done is make a mess.
    I have a dog, but he does not leave a mess anywhere whilst we are out.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time - but never all of the people all of the time!!

we were on the beach on the first May bank holiday and someones dog did it twice and all the woman did was go over and put a stone on top of it!

We told her to pick it up coz there were tons of kids around but all we got was abuse back. (
    ***Om Mani Padme Hum***

What has happened to the council dog warden, do we still have one?

Yes there is a council dog-warden.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast