Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Louisburgh Street

Alice Blue Guest

Default Louisburgh Street

Is anyone able to tell me if Louisburgh Street still exists? My father was born at # 33, in 1907. Thank you.

Yes Louisburgh Street still exists, it's just down the road from where I live. I'll see if I can get a photo of No 33 for you.

Cheers
    Colin Manson
    Admin

Alice Blue Guest

Default 33 Louisbourgh Street

Thank you so much! I hope it's not too much trouble to post the picture. I really just checked in to wish everyone a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year...

Now, where do I go to view the picture, please?

gbudge Guest

Hiya Colin.

I was wondering if it would be possible to photograph 38 Louisburgh Street as well?

I have several ancestors who lived in that house and I'd be more than willing to pay for your time and effort.

G Budge

Alice Blue Guest

Default 33 Louisburgh St (now a parking lot)

Thank you so very much for all efforts to answer my query re #33 Louisburgh Street. This is the address given on my father's Birth Certificate.

I would particularly like to thank Harry Gray for providing me with details of this street address. I notice one of the homes was occupied by a Margaret Omand...note (d)...my maiden name was Oman.

Thanks again...I really appreciated the information.

Hi,

Sorry I haven't gotten around to taking the photos yet but I'll try to get them done this weekend

Cheers
    Colin

gbudge Guest

Hi Colin... just bumping this up as a reminder...

Thx.

Lo,

Good idea, I forgot as usual. Well I'm going on holiday tomorrow so I suppose there is no time like the present. Be back soon

Lo again,

Ok I have a problem, I can't find 33 or 38

If anyone can point me in the right direction then I'll take some more photos as soon as I return. Or do the houses no longer exist? Someone will know

Here is what I have. Click on the Picture Title for a larger image in a new window.

Cheers
    Colin

Number 24

St Fergus Court

Unknown Number

Number 48

North Side of the Street

27/29Ashley Court?

Nethercliffe Hotel

South Side of the Street

Robert S. McCutcheon Guest

My great-great-great-grandparents, Alexander Calder and his wife, Isabella Groat lived in Louisburgh Street circa 1830 till her death in 1880. He was a shoemaker to trade. Is there a hairdresser's shop in Louisburgh Street ? As I have it in my mind that was on the site or could even be the building where they lived.

Alice Blue Guest

Default Louisburgh Street

Better late than never!

Thanks Colin for the pictures of Louisburgh Street; I really appreciate it. Although I've never been to Wick I feel as if I have!! Thanks for the tour.