Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Mobile Signals??

Default Mobile Signals??

Thanks for the great link for unlocking my mobile. I managed to get the phone unlocked first time. I have another problem now if anybody can help me? The mobile worked fine on the O2 network for about 2 days, but then the signal disappeared, I have tried another orange SIM card in it, as well as a couple of other O2 ones, but the same thing happens - there is no signal?

Any suggestions?

Do u have a phone with no aerial?

The aerial is inside the phone and it is some sort of porceline and if u dropped your phone it might of broke

I have done it myself

Its a Nokia 6310 if that helps at all? Although I don't think it's been dropped or anything to cause something like that?

Sorry i don't know much about mobiles, all i know is that the aerial is inside your phone and that might be your problem

Someone on here might be-able to help u

Sorry i can't

Default Re: Mobile Phones...More Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Lou18
    Thanks for the great link for unlocking my mobile. I managed to get the phone unlocked first time. I have tried another orange SIM card in it, there is no signal?

Any suggestions?
    Have you tried a different colour?i.e. red from vodafone.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Default help

can anyone help me -- im trying to unlock a motorola v171 , its on orange at the moment -- thx
    jac

Default Re: help

Quote Originally Posted by jac1791
    can anyone help me -- im trying to unlock a motorola v171 , its on orange at the moment -- thx
    Have you tried giving it something else to drink?
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

My friend gave me the mobile as she got a new one, so it used to be a contract phone. If the contract provider put a barr on the use of the phone is this what would happen - the signal would disappear?

Default Re: help

Quote Originally Posted by jac1791
    Hi i bought the same phone from woolies last week hoping to get it unlocked but can't

I went to the mobile shop in wick and he can't do it as yet, but he did say give him a shout next week so i'll let u know if he can do it

hope it wasnt the moble shop i went to go to , down lane at cameo jewellers --- its closed down!!!
    jac

Never i was only in it on fri!!

Its ok coz the guy lives in Thurso and i have his mobile number so he'll do it at home

Sorry I had to close due to Landlord reasons.

I am currently working from home until another premises comes along.

The Mot v171 cannot be unlocked at this time but it will be in the near future.

Regards
    Paul

No suggestions on why i'm unable to get a signal apart from a broken ariel? I tried contacting Orange (the old network provider) but because it's an old contract phone and I'm not a contract holder with them they would not discuss the options.

I went to buy the Orange Motorolla that is on offer in Woolies the other day and the woman behind the counter told me that Orange do not have a mast up here anymore! Although she did say that she knows someone with a phone on the Orange network and it works perfectly well.

I didnt buy it though because I didnt want to take the chance!!