Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whit scene fae a film gets yer heart pumpin?

Default Whit scene fae a film gets yer heart pumpin?

Have a few but ma all time favourite so far is fae Chariots of Fire.Eric Liddle(Ian Charleston)is at a Highland Games presentin the cups.He's asked to run the last race.

Off they go and Liddle is running wi the wind in his hair.He stumbles and falls to the ground.Suddenly Vangelis starts playing his synthesiser and a Scottish melody starts.The song is that Scottish that ye swear ye can smell the heather.Up Liddle gets and starts running and starts passin folk as though they're standing still,he wins!!!!!......ya beauty.Always wondered if this really happened in real life.Jenny,his sister was there and helped in the research of the film so I think it did.Although I doubt there was synthesiser music in the background Whit a scene though.Amazing.Got more fae this scene than Mad Max sayin"Ye can tak oor lives but ye'll never tak oor freedom"
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Last of the mohicans is one, the end scene !!!

Worlds fastest Indian when he goes for the record on the salt flats gets me going.

Any panorama scene from 'Miss Potter' it just makes me feel that I am the hills and the hills are me. Has anyone felt so connected to a land that it invokes such an emotional response???
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

The "thou..shall...not...pass!" scene from LOTR 2....

or in fact ANY scene for ANY of the LOTR films!!!I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it!!!!!

(yes I know, I'm very sad!)
    ***Om Mani Padme Hum***

The scene from Braveheart when Wallace and others sack the English fort and kill the Lord...in retribution for killing Wallace's wife.

cannot stand Mel Gibson's overacting throughout though!

The first godfather, when the high up police man punches Micheal in the face, then two minutes later all the rest of the maffia guys arrive to his aid and start running about and they have more men than the police. Its cool...

I don't know about pumping, but my heart jumped when the face of the drowned man appeared in the underwater hole in the boat in Jaws.
    Take a hundred lines:- "The word is INFRACTION not INFARTION"

Mine is a right girly one, the final scene from Dirty Dancing
    Always remember your unique, just like everyone else

The final scene in Dr. Strangelove without a doubt.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

I'll do a ditto on the Jaws on written above when the guys heid pops out the boat, but thats a scary pumpin one, still gets me every time though.

Probably also the final charge in the movie The Last Samurai, it was a very poignant moment, the whole man and sword against modern machine gun and getting cut to ribbons, the shaping of the future when old values will mean nothing in the face of a bloody great gun. There was a lot of great heart thumping parts in that movie. The whole scene in the misty woods where Billy Connolly gets killed too, never like seeing Billy getting killed.

Also many parts of the movie Gandhi make the heart pump and the tears well up, probably my most favorite film ever. Especially the part in South Africa where they are burning their permits that only Indians have to hold as a form of protest, and he keeps throwing them into the brazier depsite the british soldier beating the crap out of him. Also the part where he organises a protest where people keep marching into a wall of soldiers ad they keep beating them down but more people keep coming until the soldiers are tired and humiliated. Greatest film ever about one of the greatest men that ever lived.

i will have to go with The green Mile, when they execute John Cofee. The emotions that i felt with that scene was heart renching.....I never thought something would ever effect me like that from a film.....

I'm with you candyfloss, the final scene of 'Dirty Dancing' and running neck and neck with it was the final scene from 'Ghost' when Patrick Swaze walks into the white light, leaving his beloved wife (Demi Moore) behind. I can feel my heart welling up just typing this.

karia Guest

Showin' my age here, but that scene in 'Brief Encounter', where they are exchanging their last 'emotionally charged' goodbyes, and thon nattery wee body butts in and steals their perfect moment from them!

Waah! K.

karia Guest

Oh!, and...The last scene from Gallipoli, with the fruitless running..and them all going over the top..bloody heartbreaking!

karia.

Coomie playing the pipes in "the silver darlings" ,,,,,,
    or Max von Sydow playing Chess with death in The Seventh Seal [Det Sjunde inseglet] which is pretty neat
    PM

12 Angry Men:

When Ed Begley's character's overtly racist protestations are shown up for what they are by the continued silence and repulsion from his fellow jurors, and he's eventually left as an outcast.

I inmagine at the time that this would have been a very powerful scene.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    12 Angry Men:

When Ed Begley's character's overtly racist protestations are shown up for what they are by the continued silence and repulsion from his fellow jurors, and he's eventually left as an outcast.

I inmagine at the time that this would have been a very powerful scene.
    Damn good film, one of my favorites. They actually use the movie in University's here for Law classes. Cracker!

Aye, it is that.

Of course, in those days a film actually had to have some sort of story/plot/dialogue rather than just endless special effects and explosions to grab the attention.

Having the whole film set in just the one room, with the interaction of the occupants (and their relative relationships as they developed) was just genius.

Of course though, Hitchcock beat them to it with The Rear Window.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

I am not much of a movie watcher, no enough time lately, but the first scene that sprung to mind was the one in a really oldie. Educating Rita. The scene was the one with Michael Caine drunk as a skunk screaming out in the middle of the university. It had us all roaring with laughter, but my dad in particular loved it and kept rewinding it, over and over, almost wetting himself laughing and tears pouring down his face. I am not sure if it the movie or the memory that invokes lots of feelings. Loved it anyway.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Quote Originally Posted by nanoo View Post

I'm with you candyfloss, the final scene of 'Dirty Dancing' and running neck and neck with it was the final scene from 'Ghost' when Patrick Swayze walks into the white light, leaving his beloved wife (Demi Moore) behind. I can feel my heart welling up just typing this.
    Those scenes did it for me too, nanoo! And more recently, a few scenes (especially the last one) in this year's "Premonition", starring Sandra Bullock and Australian actor Julian McMahon.

Another movie that had my heart pounding through many of the scenes was "What Lies Beneath", starring Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer. That too was a brilliant supernatural thriller!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast