Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Should the S.F.A. receive Public money?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 11.11%
  • Yes, but only if it is restructured and fully accountable.

6 33.33%
  • No

10 55.56%

Thread: The Scottish F.A. and Public Money

Default The Scottish F.A. and Public Money

To increase Scotland's chances on the World Football stage, should the SFA receive public money to invest in training facilities at 'grass roots' level? Or should players be paid less and the money used for youth schemes?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I wouldn't want a penny of public money going into it in it's current state. It needs overhauled at the top before funding will make a difference.

JD2 Guest

It won't matter how much money you pump into training the youth, when clubs are so intent on buying mediocre foreign players.

There are many talented youngsters about but they just never get the chance to show their ability because the game is over run with foreigners. There should be restrictions on the number of non-homegrown players, that is the only way those talented youngsters will get through. Look at the top two, the old firm, made up of mostly foreign players, leaving the scotland coach to have to search the english players for anyone with a Scottish grand parent who may qualify. It is not being racist to expect some restrictions, there is no problem with foreign players but there has to be a limit so as our own youngsters can come through.

JD

Think public money can be spent on better things than football, it's only a game after all

Where do they hold their annual AGM these days? Rosslyn Chapel, no doubt.

I am more concerned about the public money being proposed to fund training facilities for Keltic.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

maybe they should apply to the rich players for a handout......any public money should be spent on better things. schools hospitals play grounds for kids...... football has enough money without robbing worthy causes
    Live life to the full, you only get one chance so make it count
    dont be to happy coz someone sure to shoot you down