Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: National News.

Default National News.

Every area that governs itself has it's own public broadcaster -- except us. Is it not about time that Scotland has it's own public broadcaster and this should be devolved now.

There's BBC Scotland; TV and radio.

It's not very good, but I'm sure Holyrood could produce something worse and more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    There's BBC Scotland; TV and radio.

It's not very good, but I'm sure Holyrood could produce something worse and more expensive.
    Totally agree BBC Scotland does it for me always.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Scotland urgently needs a developed and steadfastly NEUTRAL Scottish Broadcasting Company,not one controlled from London which is the case at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    Scotland urgently needs a developed and steadfastly NEUTRAL Scottish Broadcasting Company,not one controlled from London which is the case at the moment.
    start one then

Scotland urgently needs a developed and steadfastly NEUTRAL Scottish Broadcasting Company,.
    Nah- get one with a ludicrously pro-Scottish bias.

Do you remember the old Iron Curtain short wave stations?

What's wrong with Moray Firth anyway?

Every area that governs itself has it's own public broadcaster -- except us. Is it not about time that Scotland has it's own public broadcaster and this should be devolved now.
    BBC Scotland / Alba....but you dont speak gaelic do you.... anyway who will pay for this ego trip....you and yer pals cos I aint

We already pay for it you ----
    Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    BBC Scotland / Alba....but you dont speak gaelic do you.... anyway who will pay for this ego trip....you and yer pals cos I aint

who will pay for your new cybernat TV though?
    I aint losing the bake off for re runs of take the high road.

Whats wrong with the internet for media and debate free from agenda and censorship?
    Well apart from the org, its heavily censored with any non Yes man banned if they get a bit too vocal or have a good point.

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Haven't seen anyone stopping a commercial channel being created to cater for this massive demand for Scottishness.

Seems the SNP supporters have missed one small issue, it's the BBC Briitsh Broadcasting Service. Not the SBC.

I say if you want Scottish channels let the private sector fill the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Haven't seen anyone stopping a commercial channel being created to cater for this massive demand for Scottishness.

Seems the SNP supporters have missed one small issue, it's the BBC Briitsh Broadcasting Service. Not the SBC.

I say if you want Scottish channels let the private sector fill the gap.
    Good shout .................................................. .....................