Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Re. Political

Default Re. Political

With the amount and nature of most of the recent comments on this thread, well, me thinks they do'th protest too much. Project fear won't work twice.

What are you on about....project fear......whats that supposed to mean ???

If it is 'Project Fear' that is at work in the race for the Labour leadership, it certainly does not seem to be working!

WHat is project fear ???? WHat nonsense is this ??? If its to do with the referendum then its project win surely.......

It was us (the No voters) that were accused of being scared into voting no. He or she cannot have it both ways, but then I have no idea what "project fear" is either.

Googled project fear and came up with laughable nonsense http://www.indyposterboy.info/better...emongering.asp apprently the defeated yessers need a scape goat so we no voters were scared into voting no DESPITE the yes posters proclaiming

1 On no...the oil will run out in 50 years and its worth £1.5 trillion ( oh yeah...at just over $62 dollars a barrel )...... so its just as well weve got :
    2 Renewables....where ???
    3 Whiskey.....flat lining as new economies dry up and try other spirits ( so claims dieagao )
    4 Financial services...who will all move if we ever went indy
    5 Construction...flat lining again
    6 CReative industries.....ok some gaming thats it
    The rest mentioned is piffle

When will these idiots get it into their thick heads that currency uncertainity, uncertainty over EU and a preferance to remain British all stopped a lemming rush and resulted in a no majority... crawl back into yer caves cave people, we fear nothing

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    It was us (the No voters) that were accused of being scared into voting no. He or she cannot have it both ways, but then I have no idea what "project fear" is either.
    lol lol lol .....we won didnt we ?? or are we all dreaming ?? it didna happen in the yes parallel universe....but oh it did and how sweet it was lol lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    With the amount and nature of most of the recent comments on this thread, well, me thinks they do'th protest too much. Project fear won't work twice.

.................................................. .......................................
    Last edited by rob murray; 18-Aug-15 at 09:07. Reason: withdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    lol lol lol .....we won didnt we ?? or are we all dreaming ?? it didna happen in the yes parallel universe....but oh it did and how sweet it was lol lol lol
    Eight minutes past 6 (am). That was the minute we won, I know this because I sat up all night watching the results. And that was without our vote (Caithness and maybe Sutherland, I do'nt know about that) being counted, it was held up by an accident on the Berriedale Braes.

Eight minutes past 6 (am). That was the minute we won, I know this because I sat up all night watching the results. And that was without our vote (Caithness and maybe Sutherland, I do'nt know about that) being counted, it was held up by an accident on the Berriedale Braes.
    We must have won then...I thought for one minute that I dreamt it lol lol lol : 6.08 when the 45ers were created eh !!

We must have won then...I thought for one minute that I dreamt it lol lol lol : 6.08 when the 45ers were created eh !!
    I thought I had been transported back in time when I went to Inverness the following Saturday, there was a rally for Yes voters, I just could not work it out, to say the least they were a bit late !! My other half was getting me into trouble for laughing at them, what a waste of time !

I thought I had been transported back in time when I went to Inverness the following Saturday, there was a rally for Yes voters, I just could not work it out, to say the least they were a bit late !! My other half was getting me into trouble for laughing at them, what a waste of time !
    Well I suppose to the defeated the fight goes on and on and on and on and on........yawn yawn yawn

Well I suppose to the defeated the fight goes on and on and on and on and on........yawn yawn yawn
    All I can say is, thank goodness common sense prevailed in the end !

And it will if this ever raises its head again, common sense, not believing the lies will out again...how can the SNP face people after getting the oil situation so badly wrong, ok they cant control prices but that was always the point...price volatility
    Last edited by rob murray; 18-Aug-15 at 09:08. Reason: edited

Interseting to see the reception Jermey Corbyn got in Scotland http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...nd-corbynmania packed over spill halls...hope he gets in as labour leader.... then he can reclaim labours clothes borrowed by the SNP

In my opinion, and it's only my opinion, but to me the only connection the referendum had to politics was the SNP were pushing for it. I have said this before, and I stand by it, for me it was a question of my nationality that was being threatened. They did not think any of it through, what is it they say, prices can go up as well as down, clearly that affects oil prices as much as anything else.

In my opinion, and it's only my opinion, but to me the only connection the referendum had to politics was the SNP were pushing for it. I have said this before, and I stand by it, for me it was a question of my nationality that was being threatened. They did not think any of it through, what is it they say, prices can go up as well as down, clearly that affects oil prices as much as anything else.
    They couldnt a flying fig for your or anyones nationality

Interseting to see the reception Jermey Corbyn got in Scotland http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...nd-corbynmania packed over spill halls...hope he gets in as labour leader.... then he can reclaim labours clothes borrowed by the SNP
    Why is everybody against Jeremy Corbyn ? I quite like Andy Burnham, I would think he has the whole of Liverpool behind him to be honest.

Why is everybody against Jeremy Corbyn ? I quite like Andy Burnham, I would think he has the whole of Liverpool behind him to be honest.
    THe people against Corbyn are those in the labour party that believe that Corbyns ideas and stances which are unashamedly to the farish left will stop Labour getting power again, ie forever being a party of protest......try telling that to the hundreds of thousands who have joined Labour then, try getting into a Corbyn public meeting....its always standing room only / over spill....whatevers going on he has caught the minds of young people, people from all backgrounds etc...in England its an unstoppable roller coaster and last week he went down a storm in Scotland. Funny....a so called old fashioned message comming from a 66 year old man with little charisma...its not as if he has a professional party machine behind him or loads of dosh or is a swaggering tub thumber...just a plain 66 year old who is tellin it as it is...and boy are people listening. Corbyn is big trouble....to the trendy lefties / new labour careerists...people are sick of these types and want a different labour. He is so far ahead in the polls that Burnham hasnt a chance..mind you if he falls in line with Corbyns core ideas the ones people find attractive, then he is young enough to be the next leader of labour
    Last edited by rob murray; 17-Aug-15 at 15:26.

As for being a Labour Leader, I have no idea if Andy Burnham would be any good or not, but he gained my respect with what he did for the Hillsborough families and survivors. it's probably not the best thing to decide a Leadership Contest on, but at least I have heard of him !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast