Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Beauty through herbs

Default Beauty through herbs

Hiya all

Does anyone know how come beauty through herbs closed so quietly!!

There appeared to be nothing even in the paper about it (unless i just didnt see it) I have heard it is going to be a dentist but maby that is just rumour! What about the loss of jobs and such like ?

Default Beauty through Herbs

It is not going to be a dentists, but a dentist did buy the premises, to make in to more flats to add to his collection

misschief Guest

a dentist that also owns a private dental care practice on the river side did buy it but it is getting turned into a beauty salon. I also heard that the beauty salon would be upstairs while a hairdressers would be downstairs.

Oh never, there are far too many hairdressers in Thurso and Wick

We need more clothes shops!!

I agree we do need more clothes shops it is getting really bad. People must be more concerned about their hair than the way we dress eh hahaha!

Not too sure, but I heard that Blow Your Top is moving into the bottom shop of Beauty Through Herbs to comply with handicapped access. So it isn't actually another hairdresser, just one relocating.
    Does anyone know if the rumours that Graham Beggs in Thurso is closing permanently are true?

Well that would be great NOT

No clothes!!! and now no toys what wi J Allan closing too. All these new houses and eh shops are getting less!!

Default beauty through herbs

No, Graham Begg is not closing his thurso shop, just the toys side of it. it will be all white goods, eg washing machines, fridges etc.

Smee2 Guest

Great!! No toys is xmas, will be getting a cappucino machine instead

Are they not just closing for a bit o refurbishment in the toy store and to possibly put some kind o lift in for disabled access? Im sure that is what it was advertised as.

Although a coffee machine would do me at Christmas I dont think the bairn would find it funny

A member of staff working in Graham Beggs toy shop told me that the toy dept was/has closing/closed for good and that she had been made redundant. She also told me that whoever has bought Jessie Allans is keeping the toy shop upstairs but is doing something else downstairs, don't know what. At least we have some hope of toys for christmas, can't imagine my 3 yr old being very chuffed with a coffee maker somehow!

Hey maby it will be clothes down eh stair in J allens!!

If they are starting the beauty salon again at BTH's will it be the same staff? Could explain why there was no news about is closing if they are kept on??

From what I have heard it’s all the non dentist people from the Bridgend practice. Wants the downstairs in Bridgend for more dentists.
    Helen Maughn has rented the the building and will transfer from Bridgend

So what has happened to the folk at were there before

misschief Guest

It is all the beauty box staff from bridgend moving into the old beauty through herbs shop. The old staff have been paid off although at least two have started up on their own. One is a mobile beauty therapist in wick area the other has a shop on princes street or sinclair street I forget which.
    I heard it that the owner of blow your top had been approached to see if she wanted to rent the downstairs area of the shop

Default Oh to be a dentist with a private practice

We would all be millionaire property developers !!