Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: Sturgeon : Leaked doc

  1. #21

    Default

    May I say, you do appear to be a very angry person.

    Answer, yep I am angry, and ashamed to be a Scot living in a country which has a sour underbelly and smell, Im taking time out from posting as theres no point in letting myself get wound up by tribalistic proto messianic followers of the SNP who will have not a bad word mentioned of their party, Moonies / Scientologists the lot of em. Odd people and very dangerous to !

  2. #22
    BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    It is worth considering the influence upon UK politics the SNP hope to achieve when put into perspective.

    The population of Scotland being somewhere over 5 million spread over a large geographic area where as London has 8.5 million in one dense area.
    Much is made of the press and media in general but for the greater part it is mainly left leaning in its primary thrust.

    All politicians are human and apt to make gaffs and occasionally have discussions in private that they would prefer not to be in the public domain.
    Why should Nicola Sturgeon be any different to any other politician, her mettle has yet to be truly tested for years she has sat in Alex Salmonds shadow and now has the full glare of scrutiny on her, the occasional error is to be expected.

    In reality she has limited experience of the real world of day to day work apart from a short stint working as a solicitor she has been immersed in politics. Not really that much different to Mr T Blair.

    As you'd expect from the Party of Pink Champagne Socialists they conflate the grievances of the less well off and drive wedges in society to further their own political ends whilst quaffing happily from their champagne flutes and extending their grasping claws for ever more ludicrous sums of money from the public purse.

    She may be First Minister she certainly doesn't represent value for money.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 07-Apr-15 at 17:14.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Define what you mean by secessionist...a quick look at wikepedia and there are many therories and definitions of secessionist..to damn many I couldnt be bothered reading them all. The US Civil war was fought between unionists and secessionists......is that where "we" are heading ??
    I canna see a wiki definition for secessionist, though I can for secession........and just one definition at that secession (derived from the Latin term secessio) is the act of withdrawing from an organization, union, military alliance or especially a political entity..which pretty well covers it.

    I can't see where you are getting many theories from given I'm not talking about the theories behind seceeding but the fact of me wanting to.

    By the way......it is pretty nasty to home in on assuming secession means taking up arms to achieve that, when I was nice enough not to assume that, like the unionists in the civil war (or in Ireland), Westminster would send in the troops....or would that be your preferred option.....we vote in the majority for independence, Westminster says no, and we get civil war?

    Let's put it this way, rob murray......what will happen in the UK is what Westminster , aka the union with the army, will make happen.......so you tell me if that is where we are heading!

  4. #24
    BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    There is a reality to contend with oddquine, should Scotland gain independence from the UK it would be so impoverished in methods of defence that a Panda in a rowboat with an AK 47 would probably be able to take it over

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The nation of Scotland
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    There is a reality to contend with oddquine, should Scotland gain independence from the UK it would be so impoverished in methods of defence that a Panda in a rowboat with an AK 47 would probably be able to take it over
    Aye, because we've always been a pushover...

    Should maybe have added a SATIRE warning with this.
    Last edited by PantsMAN; 07-Apr-15 at 19:54. Reason: Clarity

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    13,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Same equally appies to any party who face a white wash at the elections...dont get your point whats so ever ! If Labour lose a ton of scottish seats or indeed the election then they carry on same as every other party that doesnt gain power so what thats to do with not accepting democratic wishes of the country is quite beyond me : you lose thats it ! Fact 55% voted no at the referendum, SNP accepted this and changed strategy ( apperently ) to back off another referendum,in the short term anyway, latest SNP defector is in papers today saying that the SNP "secretly" want tories in, ie for their own political good, not because its best for Scotland. Duplicous liars who obviously have fooled a substantial amount of the electorate. This mess will get scary in years to come ! Ram it !
    But you were just saying the SNP doesn't accept the result. I don't understand you?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The nation of Scotland
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post

    blah blah blah

    by tribalistic proto messianic followers of the SNP

    blah blah blah
    Oh Robby, once someone else says something clever, you've got to latch on rather than engage in independent thought.

    Take the phrase above,
    first used by 'Better Together' at 1408,
    by 1508 you were using it,
    again at 1512,
    then a wee burst of 'tribalistic at 1556 on another thread,
    and then back to the above at 1647.

    Wonder what tomorrow's buzz word will be eh?

    Nothing too original we hope.

  8. #28
    BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    Aye, because we've always been a pushover...
    Wee Nic Walks on water seems to think you are !

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The nation of Scotland
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Wee Nic Walks on water seems to think you are !
    Fierce wee Scottish wummin are ayeways scary...

    Best to hing in wi' them.

  10. #30
    BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    Fierce wee Scottish wummin are ayeways scary...Best to hing in wi' them.
    Aye that much I know already but Nic reminds me of those wee plastic figurines can't mind the name of them now though or odd Job from the carry on screaming movie !

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    Aye, because we've always been a pushover...
    To be fair, if the panda arrived in the Moray Firth, and wasn't noticed by someone with a twitter account, we may well be invaded....after all, it could so easily have happened in this very union which pays about 36 billion annually on "defence". It was only the internet that saved us from possible invasion then....(well, that and the fact that they came in peace and were on refuse disposal duty.) Wonder if the Russians, if they had been that way inclined and landed with malice aforethought, could have made it as far as Faslane before the UK military got its act together? Of course, if push had become shove, we could just have employed one of our nuclear warheads.

    If the invading panda did get noticed post indy, how much you prepared to bet that its boatie wouldn't be converged on by boatloads of animal lovers bearing food and wanting to take it home and cuddle it, zoo keepers wanting to offer it bed and board, jobsworths wanting to see its passport and proof of inoculations before taking it into quarantine and armed policemen with megaphones, floating out of harms' way and shouting at it to throw its AK47 overboard and surrender?

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    5,424

    Default

    Oh la la mes amies NOT another conspiracy theory?

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    13,013

    Default

    I can't see any scenario where an invader into Scotland comes off lightly...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I can't see any scenario where an invader into Scotland comes off lightly...
    That would rather depend on how cute and fluffy the invader was, wouldn't it? Scots are famous for having left leaning bleeding hearts, which is why we are not generally overkeen on Tories and their clones. Mind you, having watched the Leaders' debate tonight, I could almost find a soft spot for Willie Rennie.......he looks as if he should still be in short trousers.

  15. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    Oh Robby, once someone else says something clever, you've got to latch on rather than engage in independent thought.

    Take the phrase above,
    first used by 'Better Together' at 1408,
    by 1508 you were using it,
    again at 1512,
    then a wee burst of 'tribalistic at 1556 on another thread,
    and then back to the above at 1647.

    Wonder what tomorrow's buzz word will be eh?

    Nothing too original we hope.
    Well all I can say is that the qoutes I used I freely admit to lifting from posters as others put my take on issues in better words than I could, I thought others nailed in very well in a succinct manner ! Nothing wrong with that eh.
    Last edited by rob murray; 08-Apr-15 at 12:23.

  16. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    I canna see a wiki definition for secessionist, though I can for secession........and just one definition at that secession (derived from the Latin term secessio) is the act of withdrawing from an organization, union, military alliance or especially a political entity..which pretty well covers it.

    I can't see where you are getting many theories from given I'm not talking about the theories behind seceeding but the fact of me wanting to.

    By the way......it is pretty nasty to home in on assuming secession means taking up arms to achieve that, when I was nice enough not to assume that, like the unionists in the civil war (or in Ireland), Westminster would send in the troops....or would that be your preferred option.....we vote in the majority for independence, Westminster says no, and we get civil war?

    Let's put it this way, rob murray......what will happen in the UK is what Westminster , aka the union with the army, will make happen.......so you tell me if that is where we are heading!
    I agree with you re westminster as thats the UK parliament and we are members of the UK and until we get more devolved power thats the situation. We had a vote ( seemingly ) it went against the yes cmpaign, yet its obvious that the situatuatin is still live even though Salmon said it would be a once in a lifetime scenario....or come on again say a decade or so..but no...as far as yes goes the fight never finished did it
    Last edited by rob murray; 08-Apr-15 at 12:26.

  17. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    Oh Robby, once someone else says something clever, you've got to latch on rather than engage in independent thought.

    Take the phrase above,
    first used by 'Better Together' at 1408,
    by 1508 you were using it,
    again at 1512,
    then a wee burst of 'tribalistic at 1556 on another thread,
    and then back to the above at 1647.

    Wonder what tomorrow's buzz word will be eh?

    Nothing too original we hope.
    Wonder what tomorrow's buzz word will be eh?....How about fandabaydozy, thats my limit

  18. #38
    BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Wonder what tomorrow's buzz word will be eh?....How about fandabaydozy, thats my limit
    Well last nights efforts where the usual perfunctory hyperbole of political minnows attempting to swim upstream with the usual weak attempts at smoke and mirrors vote buying answers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •