Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Political Correctness Gone Mad

Default Political Correctness Gone Mad

A report on the TV this morning was saying that a school in Wales has banned the puils from making Mother's day cards in case it offends orphans.

And another place has banned kids from dressing up as Pirates incase it offends disabled people.

How ridiculous is this country becoming?

I thought it went to far when I was told by a pre school worker last year that we dont sing ba ba black sheep to our kids anymore, who ever saw a rainbow sheep, cos I certainly aint
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I agree it is totally ridiculous but what can be done to counter such stupidity.

Line up all the do gooders and shoot them ??????
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    I thought it went to far when I was told by a pre school worker last year that we dont sing ba ba black sheep to our kids anymore, who ever saw a rainbow sheep, cos I certainly aint
    Maybe we could ask some of our Org farmers if it is a new breed of sheep that we haven't heard about yet....lol

I think we would have to address the litigious culture imported from our american cousins before we could get back a semblance of common sense.

They have just said on 'this morning' that school teachers have been asked not to mark work as this could lead to negative comments to the children leading to low self esteme, my god, what next

They have just said on 'this morning' that school teachers have been asked not to mark work as this could lead to negative comments to the children leading to low self esteme, my god, what next
    does that mean every kid will get an A++++++ just so they are not upset

lol changi.

What ever happened to kids bn kids eh

To many people making a big fuss about possibilitys before they arise.

Did you not know that F's are an excellent mark nowadays and A's are the baddies.

You are right there darkman, when we were kids my big sis fell down a man hole that the cover had been left off. Seh drank from a straw for a week and was off school for nearly a month. The only fuss I can remember round that time was the school checking to see when she was coming back. Nowadays, parents would have been able to sue the council and she would have gotten months of school and lots of fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Did you not know that F's are an excellent mark nowadays and A's are the baddies.
    Does that mean I passed all my exams years ago...lol

Whooo hooo I am clever.

Then the kids can't see where they're going wrong in their work... so they won't improve... so, what... are we supposed to expect kids to stick with a primary school education which doesn't encourage them or tell them where to improve? They'll never get into uni like that!
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

Quote Originally Posted by jamieS View Post
    A report on the TV this morning was saying that a school in Wales has banned the puils from making Mother's day cards in case it offends orphans.

And another place has banned kids from dressing up as Pirates incase it offends disabled people.

How ridiculous is this country becoming?
    I think you'll find some of the schools up here don't do the Mother's Day Father's Day thing either - probably some kind of nationwide school policy.

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post

Can understand the new trend of home teaching, if this is what is going on in schools.

Would do it myself but I don't have enough indepth knowledge on all the subjects, plus part of going to school is to learn to interact with others outside of your family circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop View Post
    I think you'll find some of the schools up here don't do the Mother's Day Father's Day thing either - probably some kind of nationwide school policy.
    Castletown Playgroup / Nursery and School still do it, the kids get 'golden time' where they can do art & crafts, read a book, play a game etc. One of our children still makes cards during this time.

I think nowadays that the majority of people are aware of their rights, not a bad thing I might add but the authorities must now walk over egg shells so as not to offend anyone for fear of being sued..
    The laws need to be brought up to date regarding litigation and only then can we eradicate the silliness prevailent in todays society.

baa baa rainbow sheep have you any wool?

Now they are on about 4 year old kids getting gay fairy tales, ie.. King and King.

Quote Originally Posted by Saveman View Post
    baa baa rainbow sheep have you any wool?
    How about jacob's sheep? Would that offend anyone? Probably all the non-Christians because they're in the Bible... but it really is a breed... and read into the story of it... apparently there was a form of witchcraft involved in that story - well, according to a minister I once knew, and I happen to agree with him... so would it offend or would it not? lol
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast