Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Costa Caithness

Default Costa Caithness

In the Daily Mail today it has an article that in 2071 Caithness will be basking in sunshine, EU report has identified northern scotland as a major beneficiary of the effects of global warming within the next 60 years.
    Experts believe rising temperatures will spark a massive housing and tourism boom as millions are forced north when countries like greece, italy and spain become too hot to be habitable.
    Within the next 25years, researchers claim that money will be spent in caithness with people travelling to caithness for cooler climes.
    EU report states: The more tourists stay home or go to other destinations, the larger the distributional impact in Europe will be, with northern countries in particular the main beneficiaries, while fewer people will perish of the cold in the north, tens of thousands more will die of the heat in the south.
    With this happening the prices of housing will rocket, house prices could rise as much as 100% over the next ten years as people look north for a place to live.
    So here we were all wondering why all this new shops and housing was being built, wondering whats going to be coming to Caithness ........................YIPPIE WE ARE GETTING SOME SUN lol
    only moan is, i dont want to wait till 2071

Caithness ........................YIPPIE WE ARE GETTING SOME SUN lol
    only moan is, i dont want to wait till 2071[/quote]

Me either I just got told the other day I retire in 2035 so I will be 96 by the time it warms up, lol

I'll be pushing up daisies by 2071 .... or some other exotic type of weed!!

Why wait? This sun is no safer than a sunbed!
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

All things remaining as they are......Spain will be a desert in 50 years.

You heard it here first.

Though I somehow doubt all things will remain as they are.

Meh, I thought you were getting a Costas......

This does contradict some GW views that the melting of the ice caps will result in the Atlantic Conveyor being forced south which will result in the temperatures in the UK and Europe DROPPING!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shutdow...ne_circulation

So it might be a good idea to get some really warm clothes in your wardrobe too......
    Last edited by MadPict; 06-Mar-07 at 13:07.

Think I'll just stick with carribean holidays, at least I am guaranteed the heat. To offset anything I may be doing wrong I will put a load of plants in my own garden rather than paying money to companies that are creaming the top off of the money they are getting from making folks feel guilty. I don't see a tree being planted elswhere helping the environment anymore than a tree planted in my own garden.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.