Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another one bites the dust

Default Another one bites the dust

Another thread disappears mysteriously from the orgIt's becoming like the Bermuda Triangle
    W.A.T.P.

and it looks like certain threads are being silenced ...........

Less censorship in north korea
    W.A.T.P.

Are you surprised that the admin have had enough of the mud slinging, name calling, insults and personal vendettas that were being played out? Surely you have been around long enough to expect the threads to be closed? Imjust surprised they are still there ... i would have thought they would have been completely deleted.

m.i.sinclair is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of Troll)

And I received a 3 point infraction for starting one of the threads. To avoid any further such misdemeanours can someone point me to the list of topics which are not to be discussed ?

Probably best re read the forum rules and the terms and conditions too m.i.sinclair

m.i.sinclair is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of Troll)

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Probably best re read the forum rules and the terms and conditions too m.i.sinclair
    Been through all of that but can't find the bit which says you can pass comments on stolen pigs but not on stolen horses.

Quote Originally Posted by m.i.sinclair View Post
    Been through all of that but can't find the bit which says you can pass comments on stolen pigs but not on stolen horses.
    Bit like the difference between eating pigs & eating horses.... One's socially acceptable the other isn't.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Don't call anyone a nutter, certainly don't name well known local nutters, don't call yourself a nutter in spanish and above all else, don't use your own name to call everyone else a nutter. That about covers all the themes we ever get on here.

Oh yes I forgot. Under no circumstances start a thread praising Maggie Thatcher. (THEY come round to your house and issue the infarction personally)
    Last edited by ducati; 03-Jan-14 at 08:30.

I think you'll find most of its covered by racism,libel & slander laws etc, quite sensibly bill has stopped threads which could possibly lead the forum being dragged through the mud by potential litigation from a disgruntled person. So I suggest remembering that you have freedom of speech but also have the laws of the land which can be used should you transgress them.

Horse meat is tastyShame it is not so easily available anymore
    W.A.T.P.

And I received a 3 point infraction for starting one of the threads. To avoid any further such misdemeanours can someone point me to the list of topics which are not to be discussed ?
    as far as I can see, you haven't yet started a thread. you must have committed some other o(rg)ffence. ironically 2014 is the Chinese year of the horse! no horses here, no sir, no horses.
    Last edited by Mrs Bradey; 03-Jan-14 at 11:02. Reason: typo again!

i received a 3 point infraction for posting spam??? can someone tell me please what the heck is spam, other than the stuff you make a sandwich with???????????????????.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bradey View Post
    as far as I can see, you haven't yet started a thread. you must have committed some other o(rg)ffence. ironically 2014 is the Chinese year of the horse! no horses here, no sir, no horses.
    DuhDisappearing threads!!!
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    DuhDisappearing threads!!!
    riiiggghht! derr!

Mud slinging, name calling or litigation attracting we're not cited by the mods as being a reason for closure.It simply said they had run their courseTherefore it stands to reason that the mods have an agenda as to what can and cannot be discussed on the forum
    W.A.T.P.

Just want to point out that there is a difference between moderators and admin - these were admin decisions. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Mud slinging, name calling or litigation attracting we're not cited by the mods as being a reason for closure.It simply said they had run their courseTherefore it stands to reason that the mods have an agenda as to what can and cannot be discussed on the forum
    The original point of all the threads had disappeared behind the mud slinging name calling score settling personal insults which had no bearing on the original subject.... Thus the original discussion had run its course simply leaving the thread for people to compete to be the poster of the bitchiest nastiest comments. Both the rules and the terms and conditions which we all agree to - particularly those who joined recently - allow for the admin to pull threads like that. Its been a lot of years since I was involved in moderating this board but I was surprised it took so long!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    The original point of all the threads had disappeared behind the mud slinging name calling score settling personal insults which had no bearing on the original subject....
    the same could be said for hundreds of other threads that remain open!
    Last edited by Mrs Bradey; 03-Jan-14 at 15:30.

Thats not for me to decide.... Thank goodness, but there is a difference between slagging a persona views or opinions or posts and just slagging the person. Especially when the slagging is about a person identified by name and where they live, what they do ..... Most of us use pseudonyms on here for a variety of different reasons but it is different someone saying "squidge is a mad woman and her family are just as bad" from saying "(real name) of (real address)is a mad woman and her husband(insert real name) and family (insert real names) are just as bad" I am happy to trade real life information with people on this forum that I choose, but I would be really angry if someone else did that for me. Surely to goodness you can see that? The forum is not the place for a few individuals to play out their personal campaign against another person ..... Whoever they are.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast