Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: New Polymer bank notes in 2016

Cool New Polymer bank notes in 2016

I've just read that the BoE will introduce new Polymer bank notes from 2016 personally I like this a nice progressive step with our currency

ach, they are nothing new, i've been pulling plastic out of my wallet for years now

This could be a problem with money laundering then.

The kind where the paper money goes into the wash and dry by mistake and the creases ironed out, not the illegal kind. Don`t think polymer notes would like a sixty degree wash somehow.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

If we go independent, what will we have? The BoE will obviously have told us to sling our hook, so we won't be able to share in this progressiveness. Should I start saving up seashells now, just in case?

Progressiveness 20 years after the Isle of Man began using the process! Hopefully they'll bring back the £1 note so we'll have less weight in our pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Progressiveness 20 years after the Isle of Man began using the process! Hopefully they'll bring back the £1 note so we'll have less weight in our pockets.
    lucky you mine are usually very light. sigh

Default BoE will introduce new Polymer bank notes

It's a mixed "blessing" over here.

1. BoC says they have significantly improved security features and more difficult to counterfeit. I can accept that.

2. They will last longer than the paper-styled notes. After a year or so, the twenty dollar notes seem to be holding up, but we will see.

3. For the user, they are thinner and difficult to separate out/fan out to see how many you have in your wallet - or, more importantly, how many you are giving out to whoever. You just have to lick your fingers - and not think about the accumulated dry spit on the notes - think of it as increasing your immune system.

4. More and more transactions, at least in Canada, are being done on debit cards, so I can live with a few polymer bank notes, loonies and moonies.