Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: landward caithness by election

Default landward caithness by election

there are five candidates to contest the by election on the 28th Nov .these are; Ed Boyter - SNP, Kerensa Carr - Scottish conservative & unionist, Matthew Reiss - Independent, Tina Irving - Independent, and Winifred Sutherland- Independent.as I am new to the area I was wandering what others were thinking? in particular to the independent candidatesas it is obvious how the politically connected candidates will be thinking . anyone want to spill the beans, or indeed let a skeleton out? Mrs B.

Had a knock at the door and it was a lovely nice gentleman no other word would describe him he really was a gent. Polite softly spoken, he was on his own not relying on a large crowd of people to knock on our door for him. I was impressed. And no I had never met him before.

I presume that would be Matthew Reiss if he was an independent?

Would help to use his name lol Mathew Reiss ! Yes lol.

I read he was a chief inspector in the northern constabulary.does anyone know anything about the other two independent candidates Tina Irving and Winifred Sutherland ?

Tina Irving for my vote. She understands best the main issues that will have the most impact on Caithness in the coming years, tourism and renewable energy.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Please refer to the home page for candidate details. Personally I don't agree with the political parties influencing local policiy making.
    Knowledge talks - Wisdom listens

Quote Originally Posted by Stack Rock View Post
    Please refer to the home page for candidate details. Personally I don't agree with the political parties influencing local policiy making.
    I'm not interested in what would be written on a home page as this is more likely a profile written by the candidate themselves. I am more interested in personalexperience that orgers may have had with the candidates.
    Last edited by Mrs Bradey; 08-Nov-13 at 11:16.

Stack Rock what home page?
    I must agree with Mrs Bradey, it is one thing to write about yourself but another about how you behave and vote on issues.

The Candidates details can be found on the Org home page
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

anyone else?

Will be voting for Winifred Sutherland. Knows first hand the good and bad in Caithness, has a vast business experience and is a genuine,down to earth person. Good person to fight your corner.

met winifred sutherland earlier. she seemed quite pleasant. does anyone know any more, ( other than what they are telling us about themselves ) about the independent candidates?!

Only candidate so far who has bothered to deliver a leaflet about himself is Matthew Reiss. Perhaps the others are so well known and locally famous that they don't need to.

Matthew Reiss for me. A steady eye, a firm handshake, and no patronising drivel. His background only adds to the first impression. This is a man who will not just get things done. He will get the RIGHT things done WELL.

Quote Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
    a firm handshake
    As an ex-Bobby it's more likely to be a 'funny' handshake.

Judging by the conduct of the police in the media of late an ex bobby is probably the last thing I'd want to see. Mind it will only be the usual I know better how to run your life than you do sorts.

Barry Goldwater:-
    Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed.

I don't normally vote for independant candidates but i will make an exeprtion in this case and vote for Mathew Reiss. I beleive he will make a first class councillor.

I have never voted in my life, but I may make an exception this year, the only one I know is Winifred Sutherland and she seems like a good egg.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

only 8 days to go. still not really decided who to vote for. but don't think it will be Tina Irving, the picture of her on her blog page looks to be about 30 years old showing her as a much younger women! the Tina Irving I just met must be in her mid fifties. as the election is not a beauty padgent , why the need to deceive us with an out of date picture

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast