Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: dr leask's house

Default dr leask's house

what on earth is happening to dr leask's old house in high street --opposite the pipe band hall. every day more windows are smashed, there's hardly a whole one left. not a good look for our high street and town. probably the ruined shell of Dominoes nightclub next door doesn't help.who own's the house, is it still lived in?

Default dr leasks house

last I knew (a few years ago) it belonged to the hotel and was used as accomodation for senior staff members.
    Last edited by pat; 04-Feb-07 at 22:01. Reason: ommission

Default Dr Leask's House

Yes sweep, I only commented to my husband about the state of that house the other day. So sad to see it going to rack and ruin, surely something could be done with it. As you say the area round about is pretty run down looking.

LB

Yea, Dr Leasks old house is sure in some state, i remember years ago before the hotel got hold of it, it was really nice set in lovely well kept gardens. the structure of the place now look,s as if it needs pulling down. another town centre eyesore to be added to the list.

The hotel manager lives in it but says he lives upstairs, though it is the kitchen downstairs where the windows are smashed.

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    Yea, Dr Leasks old house is sure in some state, i remember years ago before the hotel got hold of it, it was really nice set in lovely well kept gardens. the structure of the place now look,s as if it needs pulling down. another town centre eyesore to be added to the list.
    I met Dr Leask a few years back - he mentioned how sad he was to see it in the state it was, and that was not yesterday by any means. I believe it is the oldest house in Wick. Is it not listed?