Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: WARNING! Spam email

Default WARNING! Spam email

Just got an email thanking me for my payment to Skype, and inviting me to click on a link if I didn't authorise it. THIS IS A SCAM! DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK! Instead, forward the email to: spoof@paypal.com
    Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!

If I posted here every time I received an e-mail like the one you describe, I would be posting at least 100 a week. I am sure most people know by now not to click on any link in any e-mail that they receive.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    If I posted here every time I received an e-mail like the one you describe, I would be posting at least 100 a week. I am sure most people know by now not to click on any link in any e-mail that they receive.
    One would assume that to be the case, but many users are just starting out on the road to Internet knowledge and need a little help form the better informed. Thanks for posting Beat Bug.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I agree you would think that but I've been shocked by how many people don't. Most of us I'm sure get spam emails of one kind or another regularly - either with dodgy links or someone mugged in Spain (or wherever) needing money - but I suppose people who don't use their email very much are still not aware. Companies always advise never to click on links but if you get an email apparently from a friend it must be tempting to assume it's OK.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.