Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Real Ale Pubs

Default Real Ale Pubs

As I like a drop of the real stuff, I'd appreciate any info on which pubs in Caithness sell real ale and whats on the pump(s)

Cheers
    I kent his faither

I believe Top Joe's always has a real ale option.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Wetherspoons in Wick are soon to have a real ale festival, they also sell a selection at the moment. No idea what there is but a quick phone call would clarify this

caithness where else would you want to be??

At last another fan !!

The Castletown hotel has Orkney Ale on during the summer and with more support would keep it on i am sure.

We should have more in Caithness but I think its lack of folk trying and staying on it that is the problem.

GIVE IT A GO !!!!!!

You could alus ring them and ask as they change guest beers.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

mmmmmmmm real ale now its the only thing i really miss. Timothy Taylor and the Masham black sheep beers being 2 of my Fav
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

Hubby quite likes Landlord, took him down to Keighley for a decent pint. Real ales are all well and good if you can find a decent pub, done wrong they can be absolutely bliddy awful.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

one of the best pubs i ever used for real ale was called the hole in the wall in Scarborough no carpet just tables pork scratching s and damn fine beer
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

A few pubs in the county now have the Orkney real ales on tap, The Weigh Inn, The Holborn and I believe the the Halkirk Comm.
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer View Post
    A few pubs in the county now have the Orkney real ales on tap, The Weigh Inn, The Holborn and I believe the the Halkirk Comm.
    It's great that local bars are supporting local beers. Unfortunately, I don't like Orkney real ales. Perhaps I should drink some more to make sure I don't like them.

Ah! Real Ale. Traditionally brewed since 3 oclock last Wednesday afternoon.

You'll be lucky. Most ales nowadays are not ales, as they contain hops, making them a beer (and bitter). Proper ale (no hops) is pretty hard to come by these days. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    You'll be lucky. Most ales nowadays are not ales, as they contain hops, making them a beer (and bitter). Proper ale (no hops) is pretty hard to come by these days. :-(
    So do we need a different campaign for "real beer."

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Lol! What a pedant you are.

I like hoppy real ales (or beers if you prefer that name).

I don't like Orkney beers for reasons I don't really understand. I don't much like the Black Isle beers either. Perhaps I just need to drink more to acquire their taste.

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    I don't like Orkney beers for reasons I don't really understand.
    Don't be embarrassed about it - Neither do we!

Red face Real Ale Pubs

Things are looking up. Top Joes, the Comm and Weigh Inn all serve RA

Also Castletown, the Seaview at Groats, Norseman, Mackays and Wetherspoons in Wick.

Some lovely stuff out there too.
    I kent his faither