Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: HELP with Findmypast Viewer

Default HELP with Findmypast Viewer

I am having such trouble getting DjVu to work .
    It wont allow me to view the image. I have installed and re-installed the software three times and written to the site. Has anyone else had problems?
    Can you offer advice please ?

Trinkie

Hi Trinkle

Yes, I have had problems with it think it is a bit of a hit and a miss. Was downloading from the 1837 online like yourself written to the site. Sorry I cannot be of any more help just thought I would let you know you are not the only one. Hope you can solve the problem soon.

Do you both have java enabled on your browsers?

Default Help

Thank you for replying.

Yes, I have JAVA .

Do you actually have J2SE standard edition and the JRE download for windows on your hard drive. If not, you do need it from http://java.sun.com/ for the viewer to work.

The Java plug in for the browser isn't enough.

Default Help

Thank you for reply - We did actually have Java on hard disc, however I decided to remove our copy and reinstall the software from the Java site.
    This appears to have cured the problem ! I suspect there must have been an error on our original copy.
    Many thanks for your suggestion.
    Trinkie