Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Default Explosions at Boston Marathon

Reported that there are 3 Deaths in Boston after two Explosions rocked the Finish of the Boston Marathon.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-04-15/explosion-at-boston-marathon/

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news/51546956#51546956
    Last edited by Kodiak; 15-Apr-13 at 21:11.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Horrible scenes. Who the hell bombs a marathon, and times the explosions to target the fun-runners?
    Radical, Man!

Just been watching the feeds on this, terrible stuff. Other devices found elsewhere also.
    Going to be a bit of a game changer for London on Wednesday too.

Small devices, and lots of them. My money's on domestic terrorists, possibly NRA gun nuts or tea partyers.
    Radical, Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Who the hell bombs a marathon, and times the explosions to target the fun-runners?
    Those consumed by hatred, Flynn.

Quote Originally Posted by M Swanson View Post
    Those consumed by hatred, Flynn.
    In the US that will be Libertarian crazies.
    Radical, Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Horrible scenes. Who the hell bombs a marathon, and times the explosions to target the fun-runners?
    actually, there aren't any "fun-runners" in the Boston Marathon. You have to qualify to run the Boston and the qualifying times are tough and it is the only qualifying marathon in the states I believe which is why it is so prestigious and people come from around the world to run it. Not only that, the Boston course is tough, it has mega uphills at the end. I've been to it and the crowd and atmosphere is unbelievable. If the explosions happened about 2 hours after the winners, this is actually the time when the majority of the runners would be crossing the finish line. The only people that do not have to have an official qualifying time is charity runners and they would likely be coming in well after this time.

That would be anyone, or group firing from hatred, Flynn It's irresponsible to speculate at this time, because to my knowledge nobody has admitted liability for this atrocity. To nominate anyone at this stage is to incite more hatred and that's never a thing I've done. I'll leave that to others.

That would be anyone, or group firing from hatred, Flynn It's irresponsible to speculate at this time, because to my knowledge nobody has admitted liability for this atrocity. To nominate anyone at this stage is to incite more hatred and that's never a thing I've done. I'll leave that to others.
    it's heartening to see that even an event like this doesn't slow down the bitching between yourself and flynn, well done

I'm just going on the circumstances.

It happened in Boston, home of the Boston Tea Party, a protest which was carried out by the Sons Of Liberty, and one of the triggers for the American revolution.

It happened on Patriot's Day, which is a Massachusetts state holiday to commemorate the first battle of the American revolution at Lexington and Concord.

The Libertarians have been up in arms at proposals for stricter gun control in the US.

It only takes one crazy to carry out such an atrocity, as has been shown in the past in the US.
    Last edited by Flynn; 16-Apr-13 at 08:10.
    Radical, Man!

Speculation but seems logical enough

When I lived in London and Kent, I used to think nothing of taking my kids to watch the marathon. I know it's one of the highlights of my year watching it, as it would have been the same for these poor souls in Boston. I was listening to a reporter on the news this morning who knew the father of the little boy who passed away at the scene (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22161108) and it was just heartbreaking.

Hopefully whoever carried out this atrocity, will be brought to justice, but my heartfelt thoughts go out to the bereaved and the injured at this time.

That poor man. His son is dead, and now they are reporting his daughter has lost a leg and his wife has a serious head injury.
    I echo the sentiments of our fellow Scot, Craig Ferguson, late-night TV host on CBS. "Is anybody else just sick of this sh!t?"
    I really hate being bipolar. It's awesome!!!

It's awful. It'll only get worse. It's not easy to stop stuff like that. It's frightening when you consider how vulnerable we are.
    Whoever did this will be found if that's any consolation.

16. Default

A horrendous incident like this and all you can think about is how to have a go at Flynn.Who are you to lecture anyone on inciting hatred when you are obviously hate filled yourself.
    Your just another in quite a long line of the org's boringly opinionated hypocrites.

Well this may ruffle a few feathers.
    The bombing in Boston was horrific as is any terrorist act. But back In the 70's and 80's when the UK was Bombed weekly by the IRA it was these pretend Irish tossers in Boston who were some of the biggest supporters and fund raisers for the IRA.
    So lets keep reality in check when we sympathise with them. Rant over
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

What made it worse Golach was they OPENLY collected money via Noraid for 'The Old Country'.

What really used to make me mad is that there was never a British politician of any party willing to go across there, get on national TV, and point out to the American public they were funding a revolutionary organization also (reputedly) getting support from the Kremlin, and killing civilians in a friendly country.
    I really hate being bipolar. It's awesome!!!

Exclamation

[QUOTE=golach;1022224]Well this may ruffle a few feathers.
    The bombing in Boston was horrific as is any terrorist act. But back In the 70's and 80's when the UK was Bombed weekly by the IRA it was these pretend Irish tossers in Boston who were some of the biggest supporters and fund raisers for the IRA.
    So lets keep reality in check when we sympathise with them. Rant over[/QUOTE

From the BBC website :
    " The twin blasts killed Martin Richard, aged eight, Krystle Campbell, 29, and Lu Lingzi, a postgraduate student from China."..

.do you really think these 3 are are "pretend Irish tossers"?
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast