Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Movie "Brave"

Thumbs down The Movie "Brave"

I watched this movie last night, out of curiosity. It was nothing great, have seen much better.
    But why oh why did our first minister Eck the all mighty have to spend £48 grand on a trip to the US promoting this cartoon, thats a lot of pot hole money.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...alifornia.html
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    I watched this movie last night, out of curiosity. It was nothing great, have seen much better.
    But why oh why did our first minister Eck the all mighty have to spend £48 grand on a trip to the US promoting this cartoon, thats a lot of pot hole money.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...alifornia.html
    Perhaps he wanted to learn how to be brave lol.

Did he take his sidekick Nickers with him?

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Thats cos you arent a wee lassie, fed up of fairies and pretty princesses and are delighted by the gutsier Merida with her long red hair!

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Thats cos you arent a wee lassie, fed up of fairies and pretty princesses and are delighted by the gutsier Merida with her long red hair!
    But why oh why did our first minister Eck the all mighty have to spend £48 grand on a trip to the US promoting this cartoon, thats a lot of pot hole money

The mutilated bear popping out of the big screen was scary as Shi.. that ruined it for us, shouldnt have sat at the front.

He is First Minister it is his job to maximise opportunities for Scotland. If you are asking me whether I think it was cost effective, i dont know. We would need to compare similar trips by other politicians for similar reasons. I would however, like to see much less spent on travel by the Scottish Government. More use of cheaper seats and flights.

I do think that it was important for Scotland to be represented at the premiere and to use that to boost trade and tourism which can benefit as a result. At the Bruce festival at Dunfermline last year i spoke to an american family who said they had changed their itinerary to include Scotland after seeing Brave and that was only a few weeks after the premiere. Who else should we send other than the first minister? I didnt see Michael Moore flying the flag ( saltire or union jack) for Scotland on this occasion and surely you arent suggesting no one should have gone and we should just gave ignored it.

Who else should we send other than the first minister? I didnt see Michael Moore flying the flag ( saltire or union jack) for Scotland on this occasion and surely you arent suggesting no one should have gone and we should just gave ignored it.
    Ach away and dinna haver squidge, Eck the omnipotent is well known for his liking of expensive jaunts, look what it cost for the Ryder Cup trip cost, we paid for his wife to be there also, she is not the first lady or the queen, she is an Msp's wife for goodness sake, he should have paid for her out of his ample wage.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...otel-stay.html
    Last edited by golach; 01-Apr-13 at 10:58.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I amnt havering Golach I dont know the answer but I do know the benefits that promoting trade tourism and golf brings to Scotland. Are the trips expensive compared to similar trips no idea. But a first minister should be promoting this stuff. Thats part of his job.

I amnt havering Golach I dont know the answer but I do know the benefits that promoting trade tourism and golf brings to Scotland. Are the trips expensive compared to similar trips no idea. But a first minister should be promoting this stuff. Thats part of his job.
    another one who took advantage of the specsavers bogof rose tinted glasses offer then!

Who should have gone then? My rose tinted glasses would have seen someone tall dark and handsome in a kilt ... Instead we got Eck in his tartan trews. However if it isnt the job of the first minister then whose job is it?

Who should have gone then? My rose tinted glasses would have seen someone tall dark and handsome in a kilt ... Instead we got Eck in his tartan trews. However if it isnt the job of the first minister then whose job is it?
    oh and it had to cost 48k did it? I wonder if your Rose Specs would have seen it the same way had a British politician wasted tax payers money in the same way? no of course not, that would have been quoted by the usual blinkered suspects as another (ridiculous) reason for independence!

I dont know... i dont know if it had to cost £48 k. I have no idea. I dont know whether that is a realistic cost or not. Do I need to say that again?

Do YOU think it was expensive? If so, why? Anyone got a breakdown? Anyone got a comparison either with a westminster politician making a similar trip or the previous administration?

Somebody needed to go. If you think it cost too much then you are probably right but i think the trip needed to be made. If you dont think he should gave gone then who? If you dont think anyone should have gone then I dont agree. Did it cost too much? I dont know. I made a friendly comment about Golach's enjoyment of the film, I didnt offer myself up as a travel costs expert.

I don't think £48k seems too excessive to be honest

I dont know... i dont know if it had to cost £48 k. I have no idea. I dont know whether that is a realistic cost or not. Do I need to say that again?

Do YOU think it was expensive? If so, why? Anyone got a breakdown? Anyone got a comparison either with a westminster politician making a similar trip or the previous administration?

Somebody needed to go. If you think it cost too much then you are probably right but i think the trip needed to be made. If you dont think he should gave gone then who? If you dont think anyone should have gone then I dont agree. Did it cost too much? I dont know. I made a friendly comment about Golach's enjoyment of the film, I didnt offer myself up as a travel costs expert.

No I am sorry, I should have realized that the pro-independence brigade only offer themselves up as experts when its a British politician in the firing line!

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    I don't think £48k seems too excessive to be honest
    no because its not like we need the money for anything else thats more important, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by equusdriving View Post
    no because its not like we need the money for anything else thats more important, is it?
    How do you know how much money he generated via his trip to the USA?

I dont know, but you obviously do, perhaps you would like to share with us?

Quote Originally Posted by equusdriving View Post
    I dont know, but you obviously do, perhaps you would like to share with us?
    Really!
    Whatever gave you that idea.
    If his £48k trip generated £100k in Scottish investment then it was a job well done, £1m then it was a great success, £20k then not great.
    My point is that you are quick to have a go at the man withou knowing the full facts of the trip.

Oh and incase you dont know, I am not a fan of fat eck.

All Governments waste money, just a fact of life....

Here's £200,000 thrown away by the Westminster government...
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

20. Default

It wouldnt matter would it.If Eck didnt do anything to promote this movie then Golach would have slagged him off for that as well..This thread entitled The Movie Brave has got nothing to do with the movie,were the links movie reviews?,no they werent.just another excuse to slag of Eck/SNP/independance.Get a life for christsake Golach,you're totally obsessed by what Eck does and before you call me a member of the pro independance brigade i'm not,neither do i vote SNP nor do i like Eck but this little anti Eck crusade is pathetic and when someone asks geniune questions like squidge did then the reply from equusdriving shows what your up against.

So have you got an answer to Squidges questions yet?You or any of your Pro Union political expert cronies or are you going to be like real poiticians and give the answers that suit your side of the argument.If you cant provide the answers then dont accuse people of wearing rose tinted specs.
    How much money,if any was generated from the trip to America to promote the film and how much will his trip to America increase,if any the amount Scotland will benefit from having the Ryder Cup on its soil.Prove beyond doubt that these trips were a total waste of time and money and there will be no future benefit from them and i'll say well done and join you in the Eck slagging because after all i dont like the man anyway.
    Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 01-Apr-13 at 19:15.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast