Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Looking to start Caithness Co-housing, eco-living for like-minded individuals/familes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Seachelle? as in Michelle from Thurso?

My neighbours have a great veg plot, they are very succesfull with it and they dont grow under cover.
    Have to ask Seachelle - why does it have to be organic?

Organic, because it really is the best way to eat healthy. NO chemicals. For me, having been so sick, with various complaints, from what I have studied up on, it seems to way to go. Plus, it really isn't that good to pollute the land like that either. Using various pesticides, etc..really not good for you or the land. And it really is why so many people are so sick these days with whole new illnesses like irritable bowel, Fibromyalgia etc. But, eating an entirely organic diet can cure so much of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seachelle View Post
    Organic, because it really is the best way to eat healthy. NO chemicals. For me, having been so sick, with various complaints, from what I have studied up on, it seems to way to go. Plus, it really isn't that good to pollute the land like that either. Using various pesticides, etc..really not good for you or the land. And it really is why so many people are so sick these days with whole new illnesses like irritable bowel, Fibromyalgia etc. But, eating an entirely organic diet can cure so much of that.
    Which School of Totally Unjustified Assertions did you get your ideas from?

As I suspected - nuts!

Read roadbowler's post and learn - no nuts (for a change lol!)

Sorry Secrets in Symmetry, in this case you're the one that's got it wrong, she and I are on the same page. We both agree that it takes a lot of hard work, but also that it's possible. She does live like that currently as it happens. Plus, with the sheer amount of studying and investigating I've done, I have concluded that eating an all organic diet is the healthiest and best way to live and the only way for me personally. And what's up with the insulting sarcastic and rude comments and attitude? What have I ever done to you to justify that? I am only making inquiries, that's all. Lighten up, geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Seachelle View Post
    Sorry Secrets in Symmetry, in this case you're the one that's got it wrong, she and I are on the same page. We both agree that it takes a lot of hard work, but also that it's possible. She does live like that currently as it happens. Plus, with the sheer amount of studying and investigating I've done, I have concluded that eating an all organic diet is the healthiest and best way to live and the only way for me personally. And what's up with the insulting sarcastic and rude comments and attitude? What have I ever done to you to justify that? I am only making inquiries, that's all. Lighten up, geez.
    You're on Caithness,org.....insulting sarcastic and rude comments and attitude abound.....from certain posters!
    Last edited by Oddquine; 30-Mar-13 at 01:07.

Isn't using the org and the internet whilst 'off grid and living in the way of our ancestors', mildly contradictory?

Yes - to put it mildly.

9. Default

Good idea we need to do something about it!!

Here I am thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    Which School of Totally Unjustified Assertions did you get your ideas from?As I suspected - nuts!Read roadbowler's post and learn - no nuts (for a change lol!)
    Have you considered that maybe, just maybe, that the OP is allergic to modern methods of food production, and so by eating organic where possible, that they can enjoy a quality of life the rest of us take for granted? Just because she wants to live life differently from you doesn't make her nuts. Your response was typical SiS, mock and talk down to people, because you really know better than them. You're such an arse at times.

No. I know and understand things. Most people on this forum don't. That's why they should listen to me.

This is a General discussion forum. I try to help people who post rubbish. That's how they learn.

Arrogant and pig headed spring to mind.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

That's why they should listen to me.
    yeah very true....now go ahead and tell us everything you know, that will waste 10 secs of our lives.......

No. I know and understand things. Most people on this forum don't. That's why they should listen to me.

This is a General discussion forum. I try to help people who post rubbish. That's how they learn.
    is there a mute/ignore button for stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Your response was typical SiS, mock and talk down to people, because you really know better than them. You're such an arse at times.
    Surely that should read..."You're such an arse at ALL times" C'mon Jox, you're slipping!!!

Which School of Totally Unjustified Assertions did you get your ideas from?

As I suspected - nuts!

Read roadbowler's post and learn - no nuts (for a change lol!)

Really? Someone espouses a proposition and all you can do is insult them?
    Radical, Man!

Lol! I don't insult people, I educate them them with the help of their own dictionary.

Lol! I don't insult people, I educate them them with the help of their own dictionary.
    No, what you do - with your blinkered reactions to anything new or 'different' - is make Caithness folk look like insular web-toed halfwits.
    Radical, Man!