Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Robbery at Thurso Coop

Default police at co-op in spring park

any one know what happend ??

This is purely fishing for gossip so am closing the thread
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Default Robbery at Thurso Coop

Hi Paul,

Look at the following BBC link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...ds/6241033.stm

Hope that helps...

PS to the moderator.... What was wrong with Pauls question, considering it's all over BBC and MFR.. Is caithness.org not allowing the caithness public talk about what is happening locally????

At the time of the original post it was speculation, that is why I closed the thread.

Someones relative could have been involved who knew nothing of what was happening.

Your thread is being left as it is now a news story rather than just speculation and any relatives will have been informed.

Hope this clears matters up.

Changi
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Default Answer to P Cannop thread

Have to agree with you Golden, you can not even ask a question The censorship
    is getting silly, no one could help but notice the police cars and taped off area. Now we have to wait for Moray Firth to inform us of what is happening in the County, before the moderator allows it to be in the forum.

I didn't see the thread in question, but if you remember the furore produced by a helpful road closed warning which went into no detail, it strikes me that admin/mods on here are damned whatever they do!

Quote Originally Posted by concerned resident View Post
    Have to agree with you Golden, you can not even ask a question The Censorship is getting silly, .
    IMO this was not censorship, but good forum management. In the past incedents of a similar nature, have upset certain .Orgers as their families or relatives have or had been involved in the said incedents.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    IMO this was not censorship, but good forum management. In the past incedents of a similar nature, have upset certain .Orgers as their families or relatives have or had been involved in the said incedents.
    I saw the thread in question and it was justifiably removed. I am not sure if my sister is still working in the mini co-op or not, I am still trying to find out and when I saw the thread it did worry me. Moderators were absolutely correct to pull the thread down, there is no need to make attacks on the actions they took. The moderation and censorship on this forum is very relaxed compared to a lot of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    I didn't see the thread in question, but if you remember the furore produced by a helpful road closed warning which went into no detail, it strikes me that admin/mods on here are damned whatever they do!
    That thread was not looking for information only trying to alert people of slowed traffic possibilities, I think the thread that was removed was different in that it was asking for info on a police matter, and in that instance false info could be returned.

Thanks for the reply changilass,

Sorry if I created a bit of a storm here ( didn't mean to )
    Just back to work today ( access to internet ) and I wasn't aware of the " road closed warning furore"

Jeemag - If it helps MFR is saying it was a male staff member that was involved, hope your sis is ok...

Cheers

Default Robbery at Thurso Coop

From BBC News

Two masked men threatened a shop assistant before stealing a four figure sum of money from a Co-op in Thurso. Northern Constabulary said the pair were in their early to mid-20s, 5ft 8" and both about 6ft in height.
    Police said the men were wearing hooded tops and had covered their faces with bandannas during Monday's incident.
    Anyone with information about the incident, which happened between 0630-0650 GMT, is asked to contact police in Thurso on 01847 893222.
    Police said the shop assistant was shaken but not injured.

how come this is aloud on here and i got a warning for my post i did today ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    how come this is aloud on here and i got a warning for my post i did today ??
    lol things do get all confusing on here. I think, since it's not people writing things before anyone had been told and just a link to the BBC website, it should be ok since what the BBC are writing will be fact and not gossip..

I would normally answer this as a pm, but as you have chosen to ask on the boards, then I will reply on the boards.

Because this is facts.

When you posted earlier today you were asking why the police were in the area, despite the post being closed with a note about fishing for information you insisted on posting it a second time.

Informing someone about a road being close is one thing, fishing for information about a police incident is totally different, at the time of your post relatives may not have been notified and could have led to a lot of stress.

Hope this clears things up.

was letting folk know that the police was there

was letting folk know that the police was there
    But of what interest is the police being anywhere to anyone in particular?

This forum could be filled with posts like that from all over the world if members felt so inclined...and what benefit would it be?

People usually wait to see why the police were there and what the outcome was before posting information.............otherwise it is simply gossip.

After all, they might have been getting their break piece!

Ha Ha. Got to laugh at this line

Northern Constabulary said the pair were in their early to mid-20s, 5ft 8" and both about 6ft in height.

i had early info i got this morning

any one know what happend ??

If you had early information why did you post asking what had happend

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast