Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fings Aren't Quite Like They Used to be!

Its no secret that I enjoyed the adventures of Maud and Coco, along with LadyK, weegili, DrSzin, the ever missed Highlander, Ned Kelly and Geoff and many many others including the dismayed mutterings of those who did not appreciate the humour and thought it was a load of silly nonsense. (which of course it was) It would make little sense to the posters of today. Loaded with innuendo it finally overstepped the mark somewhere around Dirlot Castle searching for the holy grail when the dance into double entendres became a little to close for the comfort of the admin and it was removed, hurled into the trash can of the internet where occasionally references will appear to our intrepid travellers Maud and Coco... they even posted comments on an article on the Scotsman site fairly recently. The mystery continues.

I can understand the admin's position regarding the removal of threads with too much innuendo because the forum is meant to be family friendly and accessible by all ages, but IMO, if young people are on the web it's usually to go on chat or gaming sites, not to join a load of old people in chat about topics they have absolutely no interest in. One look at the list of threads in the General forum will tell you that most of is of little interest to youngsters. My 16yr old son is aware of the site but has never been on it, it just doesn't interest him.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    One look at the list of threads in the General forum will tell you that most of is of little interest to youngsters. My 16yr old son is aware of the site but has never been on it, it just doesn't interest him.
    IMHO Jox many of the threads started and replied to in the General forum are written by many whom have not long left school
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

And IMHO Golach, it would seem to be primary school :-)))

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    IMHO Jox many of the threads started and replied to in the General forum are written by many whom have not long left school
    Prime example of that being the thread about vampires in Portgower , its been around for years & shows how the forum has declined(most have, this one is not alone) that a thread like that which is about as funny as syphullus is still hanging around.
    That would have been long gone if all the pre mentioned posters were still on the go , I am certain

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser_soze View Post
    Prime example of that being the thread about vampires in Portgower , its been around for years & shows how the forum has declined(most have, this one is not alone) that a thread like that which is about as funny as syphullus is still hanging around.
    That would have been long gone if all the pre mentioned posters were still on the go , I am certain
    Sorry to disagree, I think the Portgower thread is a bit of harmless humour and not hurting anyone, not like some of the more vicious threads else where.

Plank alert.........

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser_soze View Post
    Plank alert......

^_^ N00b AlerT

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Plank alert......
    The 60s movie with Eric Sykes and Tommy Cooper? They don't make them like that any more. Sadly....

Quote Originally Posted by cesare View Post
    ^_^ N00b AlerT

damn the noobs

Ah! Northener seems to have re-entered our galaxy, welcome back my old friend, you've been missed by many :-)

Ahhhhh, the days when I didn't dare state my org name during org meets lmao.
    The org certainly used to be a more colourful place than it is now.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo View Post
    Ahhhhh, the days when I didn't dare state my org name during org meets lmao.
    The org certainly used to be a more colourful place than it is now.
    I totally agree, I put the blame on the advance ot Facebook and Twitter, before they came on the scene, 'e Org was a happier place

The org was a great place to come for entertainment!

The posts were worth reading, the backchat was great, and the chatroom was hilarious at times and the quiz on a Sunday night was great fun!

Such a shame that it is all changed!
    Everyone's a critic ...............

Change is inevitable. The fanatics cannot stop beating their drum about the SNP, windmills or whatever. That is the nature of a fanatic. Then each fanatic gets a retinue of stalkers, who search for his posts and argue with them. The fanatics are, of course, stalkers and vice-versa, so their sort of forum activity never dies out. These people have stamina and will argue forever.

Thus, when a normal person opens the General forum, it is a a daunting wall of bickering among boys who can't get a girlfriend. The normal person then usually moves on, to some other forum, or Facebook.

Boobs!!!! Where? Who mentioned boobs???

Yes. I remember my intellectual thread. Very big debate about. Is it a Turnip or a Swede.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

A change to the org, when did that happen? and what is the difference between a turnip and a swede?
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast