Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fings Aren't Quite Like They Used to be!

Wink Fings Aren't Quite Like They Used to be!

Quite by chance, I stumbled across some Org archives and I must say, things were a bit different a few years back. The atmosphere was more relaxed, friendly, interesting and so, so funny. I knew within the first week of posting that Jox was a bit special ....... a comic genius in fact and an asset to any Forum, but I read some threads in which he featured, which were so funny that I laughed 'til I cried. Suffice for me to give one three word example ............. "cheese to fish." LOL Then there was Baz, complaining about having to wait on the NHS list for three years to have to have his manhood reduction! That's just a couple. I really enjoyed many of the old threads and wish I'd discovered this forum a few years back. Not that I'm complaining .... the Org has something to offer everyone, but I can't help but wish that a few of the names which have disappeared would return.

Does anyone have any fond memories they'd like to share?

I remember that one, and I must admit, even for me it was a bit crude, I actually wish now I hadn't said it. But my early days on the Org were so much fun, much better and more entertaining than watching TV, and I think lately some of that fun has started to creep back into the Org. Ducati, Phill and Macademia make me laugh, they have different types of humour all can be so funny. One Orger from the early days that stands out is Lord Flasheart, he was sublime in his humour, unfortunately he had a lot of hassles in his personal life and moved around too, that he stopped posting. If you want a good laugh then read his threads and posts, here's one to get you started: http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...sign-A-Prison-!!

Quote Originally Posted by M Swanson View Post
    Does anyone have any fond memories they'd like to share?
    My fondest memories are the weekly quiz nights held in the chat room, they were fun, before the days of Bebo and Facebook, these quizes attracted Orgers from Canada & California to take part, ahhh memories
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I agree Golach, the quiz nights were such a laugh. A 30-45 minute quiz usually ended up taking a couple of hours!

The quiz nights and the chat room stuff was great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    I remember that one, and I must admit, even for me it was a bit crude, I actually wish now I hadn't said it. But my early days on the Org were so much fun, much better and more entertaining than watching TV, and I think lately some of that fun has started to creep back into the Org. Ducati, Phill and Macademia make me laugh, they have different types of humour all can be so funny. One Orger from the early days that stands out is Lord Flasheart, he was sublime in his humour, unfortunately he had a lot of hassles in his personal life and moved around too, that he stopped posting. If you want a good laugh then read his threads and posts, here's one to get you started: http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...sign-A-Prison-!!
    Thanks for the link Jox. I managed to track a few threads in which Lord Flasheart appeared and I absolutely l-o-v-e his sense of humour. You and he made a great double act. I particularly enjoyed the prison theme, but also there was another one about a drunk in Thurso, who was lifted by the boys in blue. I wonder, did Connie and Lord ever marry? They seemed perfect for each other. LOL

Sorry Jox, but I did enjoy the post I quoted, but sorry to have mentioned it as you regret writing it. For me, as an adult, I found it acceptable, as did most posters. There's far more offensive stuff out there, written without humour. BTW With you on Macademia and Ducati, but my third nominee would be Retread. All very funny and often a joy to read.

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    My fondest memories are the weekly quiz nights held in the chat room, they were fun, before the days of Bebo and Facebook, these quizes attracted Orgers from Canada & California to take part, ahhh memories
    I don't suppose it's possible to read a few Quiz nights that you enjoyed, is it Golach? I've been involved in a few in my time and they are a great form of entertainment. It was never about winning, but everything to do with cheating and often getting out of control. Happy memories.

Agree with Golach and Jox. The weekly quiz was great fun ... sometimes I laughed so hard I cried! Such a pity that they had to be spoiled and stop!
    Everyone's a critic ...............

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Your right the org used to be a great laugh, alas now it seams to have gone quite sour,,,, shame really I used to come on a lot, now it's just not the same, never mind still have some old friends on her from years ago,
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

I'm so glad that I raised this thread, because I've just spent the most enjoyable half an hour, reading more threads from the Org Archives. The quality of the banter was outstanding and nearly all of it conducted without a trace of malice. A special mention here of Tug, who is so talented at writing poetry; both humourous and serious. Again, I've laughed until I cried at some of the threads, like "Idiots." There's too many others I really appreciate to mention, but it's great that a few of them are still posting. Somebody should write a book ...... it'd be a best seller.

I must go walkabout again soon in my search for some great reading.

Quote Originally Posted by M Swanson View Post
    I'm so glad that I raised this thread, because I've just spent the most enjoyable half an hour, reading more threads from the Org Archives. The quality of the banter was outstanding and nearly all of it conducted without a trace of malice. A special mention here of Tug, who is so talented at writing poetry; both humourous and serious. Again, I've laughed until I cried at some of the threads, like "Idiots." There's too many others I really appreciate to mention, but it's great that a few of them are still posting. Somebody should write a book ...... it'd be a best seller.

I must go walkabout again soon in my search for some great reading.
    I think you may have Tugmistress (Tugs) and Tubthumper (Tubs) mixed up, Tubs is the poet and Tugs is the weather girl, both whom I have met in 'e Comm a while ago, a great Org meet 'at night

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy View Post
    Your right the org used to be a great laugh, alas now it seams to have gone quite sour,,,, shame really I used to come on a lot, now it's just not the same, never mind still have some old friends on her from years ago,
    I would say Hing the lot of them Riggerboy !!!

It is the Great Outraged that have spoilt it. Those with no sense of humour who would rather complain to mods rather than shrug things off. They are the forum's equivalent to the telltale tit. They have no concept of dark humour or irony. They would rather see an orger banned behind the scenes than give their honest opinion.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

I would say Hing the lot of them Riggerboy !!!
    They wouldn't understand that nowadays, bring back the humour and the good guys,

Maybe I should get the gallows out, dust them down and hang a few right enough
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

I think you may have Tugmistress (Tugs) and Tubthumper (Tubs) mixed up, Tubs is the poet and Tugs is the weather girl, both whom I have met in 'e Comm a while ago, a great Org meet 'at night
    Whoops! Thanks for the heads-up Golach. I did mean Tubs, but I know Tugs is also popular around these parts.

If you see Tubs, would you ask him if I can join the Exhibitionist's Gang," please. I have the right qualifications!

Was just thinking about "The Secret Fishing Club." any one else a member?
    The chat room was hilarious as were the quizes. saddly some no longer with us.
    It's a case for those of us who have been members fro some years of "Div ye mind!"

I've just gone back and had a read of the 'Idiots' thread, that was classic Org :-) Here's the link if anyone would like a laugh: http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...ghlight=Idiots

That's the third time I've read eejits and it's still as funny, Jox. Another one would be 'Cheeky Cheeky.' They don't write 'em like that anymore. Brilliant! I can't seem to be able to link to it. Perhaps you can oblige J, I'm sure folks would appreciate the humour ....... just what the Org needs.

The org used to be brilliant crack,I would happily sit for hours reading and joining in the banter,but sadly it has changed a lot I miss Camelspider,Lord Flashheart,Angela,Northener but to name a few,we had some great giggles and banter x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

This one still makes me laugh when I remember the fun we had that night....the posts were being typed faster than you could read them at one point lol

http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...house+decorate

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast