Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Ikea delivery to Caithness!

Default Ikea delivery to Caithness!

Just thought I'd share this as I know there are threads from time to time enquiring about Ikea delivery. Had the following message from the Edinburgh store today:

"The cost of delivery to Wick is £90 and we deliver to you every Thursday. If you are using the e-mail ordering service, there will also be a £10 picking and administration charge, bringing the total cost of delivery to £100. This is for up to 75 items".

Right, that'll be me building flat packs from now til the end of the year..............

If Ikea had any sense they would open up a branch in Inverness. Mind you I doubt they do. All the branches here in the Los Angeles area are on the East or South of the city. Can't get them to build one out to the NW where we are. The closest one is 50 miles away.
    I really hate being bipolar. It's awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims View Post
    If Ikea had any sense they would open up a branch in Inverness.
    I think they don't open it because they have some sense.......
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. "

- Martin Luther King, Jr. -

Quote Originally Posted by YummyMummy View Post
    Just thought I'd share this as I know there are threads from time to time enquiring about Ikea delivery. Had the following message from the Edinburgh store today:

"The cost of delivery to Wick is £90 and we deliver to you every Thursday. If you are using the e-mail ordering service, there will also be a £10 picking and administration charge, bringing the total cost of delivery to £100. This is for up to 75 items".

Right, that'll be me building flat packs from now til the end of the year..............
    Oh is that quite new? I had Macaddie and Reeve deliver a 3 seater sofa, armchair, and 3 door wardrobe from Ikea for about £45 18 months ago! (Plus the picking charge paid direct to Ikea).

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims View Post
    If Ikea had any sense they would open up a branch in Inverness. Mind you I doubt they do. All the branches here in the Los Angeles area are on the East or South of the city. Can't get them to build one out to the NW where we are. The closest one is 50 miles away.
    Why would they open a branch in Inverness if they don't think opening one in Aberdeen makes commercial sense?

There was an IKEA in Burbank last time I was there....