Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very Severe Weather?

Default Very Severe Weather?

Noticing that severe snow storms are predicted from the 10th of Janurary in most parts of the UK.. do we think this is correct or just another story like they say every year about being the worst winter in so many years?

Talking

Yay..I love the snow..Although now i live out in the country i better hope its not severe!!

Well we never got any snow in December so saving it all up for Jan/Feb..

They probably mean that a 2mm snow shower is due somewhere in the ‘home’ counties. There will no doubt be panic buying and a run on the stock exchange. They can’t possibly mean anywhere north of Watford.

Hopefully not as im going to Stirling on the 12th x

Better rush out and buy that 4 by 4 it could last for all of 24 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by North Rhins View Post
    They probably mean that a 2mm snow shower is due somewhere in the ‘home’ counties. There will no doubt be panic buying and a run on the stock exchange. They can’t possibly mean anywhere north of Watford.
    You could well be right there. A couple of winters ago there was much fuss for about a week about horrific storms being due and moving north up the whole country. the nearer the time came the more strident the warnings became. I waited and I waited full of anticipation. I made arrangements with all the neighbours that if my roof blew off if they knew where it landed they would let me know. I nailed the dogs feet to the floor in case they blew away, I even made sure I had a "Safe Room" in case tha walls fell down.

The time came, my anticipation grew, I waited wondering when it was going to begin, perhaps they had got the time a little wrong, I waited further.

"The horrific weather has cleared the north of Country and will shortly be to the North of the Shetlands!"
    What? All that panic? It hardly rated being called a strong wind by Caithness standards let alone a storm.
    I do have it on good authority that two flags fluttered in London and there was a severe case of flatulence on the Met Office Roof.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

well tugmistress are we getting the bad weather what everyones going on about ? your the best person to ask

Quote Originally Posted by rfr10 View Post
    Noticing that severe snow storms are predicted from the 10th of Janurary in most parts of the UK.. do we think this is correct or just another story like they say every year about being the worst winter in so many years?
    Looking for a snow day already, Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by gollach View Post
    Looking for a snow day already, Robin?
    What? Me? Neverrrr........

Quote Originally Posted by mr do dar View Post
    well tugmistress are we getting the bad weather what everyones going on about ? your the best person to ask
    From what I can see at the moment it's a load of tosh! there may be a splattering on the west coast up to Cape Wrath and across the mountains south of Inverness (what are that range actually called?). If we get any at all I will be surprised - the dam lines are just not far enough south and upper air temps are too warm.
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Noticed the snow warning too for next week.It'll probably come as the kids go back monday
    Noticed plants and trees are starting to bud up,this cold snap if it comes will kill this growth off and put everything back just like last year.
    There's yellow on the broom over here too
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

I read it too on Metcheck predicting snow and very strong winds from Wednesday onwards with temperatures feeling as low as -6c. Whether it happens or not thats a diferent story.

Red face

yeah im hoping that we get some good snow

This is the latest from the Fair Isle weather site
    WEDNESDAY 10th – MONDAY 15th: Much colder with strong to gale W or NW’ly winds and frequent wintry showers. There is the risk of significant accumulations of drifting snow over high ground, with some lying snow at times even at lower levels

Quote Originally Posted by peedie man View Post
    This is the latest from the Fair Isle weather site
    WEDNESDAY 10th – MONDAY 15th: Much colder with strong to gale W or NW’ly winds and frequent wintry showers. There is the risk of significant accumulations of drifting snow over high ground, with some lying snow at times even at lower levels
    Please please snow, need to get a day off school!!

Please please snow, need to get a day off school!!
    mmmm have you not just had two weeks off school or did you attend during the holidays or were my kids having me on that the school was on holiday if so they are in deep doo doo

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    mmmm have you not just had two weeks off school or did you attend during the holidays or were my kids having me on that the school was on holiday if so they are in deep doo doo
    Two weeks isn't enough!!

Two weeks isn't enough!!
    2 weeks is enough when your a parent lol

Tugmistress, the hills to the south are my neighbours the Monadhliaths or Grey Mountains, next stop Strathspey and the Cairngorms although there's a difference of opinion as to whether they should be the blue or red ones (Monadhruadh).

Not much sign of the weather getting seriously colder and for any snow to lie for more than 24 hours it usually has to make a "bed" for itself.

Thanks Errogie
    it still doesn't look like anything to write home about at the moment, we are just too warm and the ground wont loose enough heat for anything brief to stay around.
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast