Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colditz

Default Colditz

I played an old board game called Colditz over Christmas. Thought it was brilliant. It isn't made any more so I got to wondering if anyone had a copy that was in good nick?
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Ricco,
    Have you tried ebay? If not here is a link to one that finished in a few days
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ESCAPE-FROM-CO...QQcmdZViewItem

If the link doesn't work the item number is : 180068708905

Quote Originally Posted by Ricco View Post
    I played an old board game called Colditz over Christmas. Thought it was brilliant. It isn't made any more so I got to wondering if anyone had a copy that was in good nick?
    Colditz that a very old game i used to play that when i was a kid we got the game out of jumble sale years ago i didnt leak being the germans i prefered to escape instead

Liked the game but liked the Colditz TV series even more.

Man thats going back a years, I did used to have it, I can still picture the box cover, it probably ended up in a Scout jumble sale. I did enjoy that game though. Used to love Buckaroo too

Was it called 'Escape from Colditz'? We had a board game somehting akin to that a few years ago. We only layed it the once and although we thought it was great, we don't seem to have kept it.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

I think I have one in the Loft... drop me a PM and I will check over the weekend.....

cheers
    If only everything thing in life was as reliable as a Mini..!!!

Thumbs up

Colditz, oh! the memories. I was stationed in Malta from ’75 to ’78 as a mercenary (see ‘execution this weekend thread). It was tradition in the forces that Wednesday afternoon was given as time off for sport. Our idea of sport was two bottles of Marsovin red table wine, it was good stuff 15 pence a bottle, and a game of good old Colditz.

We never did finish a game, it usually descended into a drunken argument. One other very popular game was ‘Risk.’ If memory serves me it was a game where everybody secretly ganged up on one player and annihilated him. Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by North Rhins View Post
    Colditz, oh! the memories. I was stationed in Malta from ’75 to ’78 as a mercenary (see ‘execution this weekend thread).
    Stop it my sides are sore

I seem to remember the year I had it, there was a pic of a sentry house on the cover with red, black and white stripes on it, and a pic of the valley and the castle on a hill above. I am not sure, some years they made different covers like they did with Risk. I used to love Risk too, awesome game.

Colditz,sorry Ricco man was a Ker Plunk addict masel.

Anyhoo,Colditz is that no what a woman has when she goes out on a frosty night?

I used to love the game "Battleships" and played it lots when the kids were at home, still have it.

Thumbs up

Giong off the subject of Coditz but staying with board games, has anyone ever played 'Uckers?' It's the Navy's verion of ludo.

Quote Originally Posted by North Rhins View Post
    Giong off the subject of Coditz but staying with board games, has anyone ever played 'Uckers?' It's the Navy's verion of ludo.
    Na normal ludo for me North Rhins,was never in the navy suffered fae bad seasickness.Did used to play a game called "Wigtownshire Mercenaries" though thats when a group o' Ayrshire lads used to travel through to the Riverside Nightclub in Newton Stewart and drink and dance to rave music till the early hours.........ahhhhhhhh memories!!!

I seem to remember my brother mentioning Uckers, he was in the Navy but I can't remember it.

I used to love Kerplunk too, and Jack Straws, Mousetrap, Buckaroo, Noply, Risk, and what was the name of that funny Ludo type one with the patented pop-o-matic dice thing, that was hilarious, I can vividly remember the noise that thing used to make like da-doing. Then Pong came along and the world went to pot

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    I seem to remember my brother mentioning Uckers, he was in the Navy but I can't remember it.

I used to love Kerplunk too, and Jack Straws, Mousetrap, Buckaroo, Noply, Risk, and what was the name of that funny Ludo type one with the patented pop-o-matic dice thing, that was hilarious, I can vividly remember the noise that thing used to make like da-doing. Then Pong came along and the world went to pot
    Frustration, It's one of my favourites along with connect 4.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

True Jeemag,Pong to Wii's and PS3's.Although I did put a few pocket moneys worth into the asteroid machine.Class in a Glass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19 View Post
    Frustration, It's one of my favourites along with connect 4.
    HA HA thats it, Frustration, it used to frustrate the heck out of me when I was 4 because I was such a lightweight I had to put my whole body on it to get it to pop without breaking mywrists

Hey forthe guy who started this thread, check this link, it shows various copies for sale from websites and ebay starting at around 4.99

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/715

Last edited by Jeemag_USA; 30-Dec-06 at 00:06.

HA HA thats it, Frustration, it used to frustrate the heck out of me when I was 4 because I was such a lightweight I had to put my whole body on it to get it to pop without breaking mywrists

Hey forthe guy who started this thread, check this link, it shows various copies for sale from websites and ebay starting at around 4.99

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/715
    I even have the travel one, I take it everywhere with me lol. Far better than any fancy new games.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19 View Post
    I even have the travel one, I take it everywhere with me lol. Far better than any fancy new games.
    I used to always call the pieces barrels cause they looked like beer barrels, and I had to be green all the time. I used to hide it behind the couch and when my dad came home from the pub and fell asleep, I would go POP POP POP POP POP and run up e stairs to the sound of him going "EErarararreerraaarghyalittleaaghaggahgaghsoan so"

Know what yer both on about,got addicted to Frustration.Better no speak anymore cos my right eyelid is starting to flicker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast