Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Advice on local estate agents needed

Default Advice on local estate agents needed

We're planning putting our house on the market in the new year and are looking for advice on what local estate agents to use. Has anyone got any helpful advice or experience with any local firms?

Can thoroughly recommend Georgesons. Professional and proactive.

Though don't expect to sell your house anytime soon - no-one wants to / is able to buy.

i'd say young, robertson & co - they are the best ones

Quote Originally Posted by KAT1E View Post
    A summary of my experience in trying to provide business to these guys....- difficult to get them to answer the phone- when they did, didn't do as was asked- when asked why not, eventually said that someone was going on holiday for 2 weeks so couldn't do anything.By contrast, one email to Georgesons and they were acting for me that same day.

Quote Originally Posted by KAT1E View Post
    long ago, ye, I would agree, however now reckon Pollards best, otherwise try Rightmove or internet for freebies

I have our house on with www.myonlineestateagent.com to get it on rightmove & zoopla etc as these websites only accept houses from estate agents (ie no private sales). I thought this was probably the best way to sell at the moment. I also have it advertised on here, ebay and the caithness and sutherland property page on facebook. If one of these works it will mean we only pay a fraction of the cost of a local agent.

At the moment though there aren't many buyers out there so even though I've put it on under the home report value there still isn't much interest. Would be interested to know if anybody has used any other ways to sell their house though.

... if anyone is looking for a 5 bed detached house in the country let me know