Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: refuse Collection on Xmas Day ??

Default refuse Collection on Xmas Day ??

My bin day is Monday and i was wondering did anyone know what the situation is for Xmas Day and New Years Day, when will the collections be

Anyone any info

If your bin is collected on a Monday you will have to put it out early morning on the preceeding Saturday instead (23rd and 30th). You can find the information on the Highland Council Homepage. Scroll down to the Christmas Refuse Collections under the top heading Caithness

I think{not sure} they work christmas but take new year off?? Seem to remember giving them tins on a christmas day cos they were working.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Cheers, checked it out and Early Saturday it is

THanks

Cheers for the info Gogglebox

just checked my collection day for over the festive period. my bin gets emptied today then again on the 6th january not to be emptied for 18 days oh fun

gofor, I'm sure your bin will get collected on Boxing Day too. Maybe I'm wrong though.

no this is not the 1st time we have been this long over the festive period it just means i will have to make a few trips to the waste recycling plant

Its a wee bit confusing so i phoned and checked and
    for Thurso
    No Collection on Christmas Day (Monday)-put out on Sat 23rd instead
    Normal collection on Boxing Day (Tuesday)

No Collection on New Years Day (Monday) put out on Sat 30th
    No Collection on January 2nd (Tuesday) will not be collected until 6th January (the following Saturday)

Id imagine other areas are similar but best check

The HRC web page (below) was a bit confusing

If your blue box or refuse bin is due to be collected on Monday 25th Dec or Monday 1st January, the collections will be on the preceding Saturday so please put out your bins early on Saturday 23rd December and Saturday 30th December for collection instead. If the normal pickup day for either is Tuesday 2nd January, then put your bin and/or box out for collection on Saturday 6th January. There will be no garden waste collections on 25th December, 1st and 2nd January.

The Recycling Centres in Wick, Thurso and Seater will be closed 25th Dec, 1st Jan and 2nd Jan and accept old real Christmas trees, Christmas cards, paper wrapping paper (plastic & foil based paper cannot be recycled), tins, cans and glass bottles and jars for recycling. Christmas tends to be a busy time at the Recycling Centres and you may have to queue although the sites are less busy during weekdays.
    Last edited by Gogglebox; 19-Dec-06 at 10:22.

Cheers for that clearup - I was wondering myself so you've saved me the effort!

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    If your bin is collected on a Monday you will have to put it out early morning on the preceeding Saturday instead (23rd and 30th). You can find the information on the Highland Council Homepage. Scroll down to the Christmas Refuse Collections under the top heading Caithness
    Thanks for this info. We usually just put it out as normal and most years it just seems to work. Looks like our normal tactics would have been disasterous this year and there is always so much more rubbish over the Christmas period with all of the packaging, etc.

aye, thanks for that info, cheers
    have a cool yule
    it's a sair fecht